The Lykoi Family
MATURE MATERIAL WARNING!
WARNING: This page contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
The Lykoi Family
Statistics & Foundation
ADOPT A LYKOI
Table of Contents (hide)
All of the Lykoi family is descendant of one canine, Kaena Lykoi, who came to Bleeding Souls in 2002. The Lykoi family has always been heavily involved with Inferni. Inferni family members have always made up a majority or at least a percentage of the clan's ranks; in more recent years, Lykoi blood can be found virtually everywhere within 'Souls, ranging from the coyote clan to Cour des Miracles to Salsola.
The Lykoi family is completely hybrid blood -- all members of this family have coyote, red wolf, and dog mixed in with their blood. Some members are primarily one species -- for example, the Kimaris-descended canines are more coyote than not, while the Eternity-descended canines are more wolf than coyote. Even jackal blood has found its way amongst Lykoi bloodlines with a litter of children by Samael Lykoi.
Sabryne Vicisx Andre Lykoi — Unknown Kairo Lykoi Delphine Cruoremx Andre Lykoi* — 7 November 2000
- Kaena Lykoi
Nex Cruorem Aegre Lykoi Vita Cruorem Morgyn Lykoi* x Scurr Navitas-Lykoi— Unknown
* indicates littermates where it would cause an extraneous generation.
- (1) Kaena Lykoi x
Kairo Lykoi— Unknown Unnamedx4
- (2) Kaena Lykoi x
Kairo Lykoi— Unknown Unnamedx6
- Kaena Lykoi x
Zulifer Yfel— 11 December 2003
- Kaena Lykoi x
Ahren de le Poer— 30 August 2005
- Kaena Lykoi x
Astaroth Kimaris— 6 June 2006
- Kaena Lykoi x
Laruku Tears— 30 July 2007 ♥
- Kaena Lykoi x
Salvaged Eternity— 30 July 2007 ♥
- Leticia Lykoi x Kerberos Lykoi — 28 February 2007
- Ahemait Lykoi x Stygian Nothing — 1 May 2007
- Anathra de le Poer x Conway de le Poer — 13 October 2007
- Vindicate de le Poer
- Iris de le Poer
- Lilac de le Poer
- Vesuvius de le Poer
- Tandem de le Poer
- Classica de le Poer
- Fatin Kali x Samael Lykoi — Unknown
- Faolin Mogotsi x Gabriel de le Poer — 8 February 2008
- Dierdre Rhiannon x Samael Lykoi — 1 April 2008
- Panthea Soterios x Andrezej Lykoi — 13 May 2008
- Niobe Lykoi
- Leto Lykoi
- Colibri Soul x Vitium Lykoi — 22 September 2008 ♥
- Colibri Soul x Samael Lykoi — 22 September 2008 ♥
- Iskata Sadira x Samael Lykoi — 7 November 2008
- Zana Avaya Lykoi
Alek Jael Sadira Anaz Zahara Lykoi
- Neriel Silereht x Samael Lykoi — 4 February 2009
- Merodach Lykoi
- Rachias Tears de Ame x Arkham Lykoi — 21 May 2009
- Ocean Flower x Razekiel Lykoi — 14 August 2009
- Djeserit Nephthys x Samael Lykoi — 4 September 2009
- Corona Lykoi x Wilhelm Maddock — 16 January 2010
- Anu Sheah x Gabriel de le Poer — 18 June 2010
- Jezebel x Gabriel de le Poer — 26 July 2010
- Rikka de le Poer x Strelein von Rosnete — 27 August 2010
- Kite x Samael Lykoi — 31 October 2010
- (1) Eris Eternity x Larkspur D'Angelo — 15 December 2010
- (1) Alaine Winters x Gabriel de le Poer — 6 February 2011
- (2) Eris Eternity x Larkspur D'Angelo — 24 July 2011
- (2) Alaine Winters x Gabriel de le Poer — 31 October 2011
- Valla Lykoi x Kerberos Lykoi — 2 November 2011
- (3) Eris Eternity x Larkspur D'Angelo — 29 December 2011
- Nayru x Razekiel Lykoi — 2 January 2012
- Aleksei Tarasova x Arkham Lykoi — 12 October 2012
- Halo Lykoi x Conor Soul — 22 June 2010
- Merrick Lykoi x Unknown — 10 November 2010
- Niobe Lykoi x Unknown — Unknown
- Artie Lykoi
- Saelia Atrox x Merodach Lykoi — Unknown
- Syntyche Lykoi
- Talitha Lykoi x Cotl van Ulrich — Unknown
- Talitha de le Poer x Caillen Winters — 1 August 2010 ♥
- Cernunnos Winters
- Talitha de le Poer x Hybrid Holocaust — 1 August 2010 ♥
- Halo Lykoi x Unknown — 27 October 2011
- Reina Salvador x Jacinto Lykoi — 12 Apr 2012
- Zana Avaya Lykoi x Helotes Lykoi — 3 June 2012
- (1) Clover Love Lykoi x Sirius Revlis — 3 June 2012
- Io Berlin x Jacinto Lykoi — 20 August 2012
- Kuba Lykoi
- (2) Clover Love Lykoi x Sirius Revlis — 21 October 2012
- Zahra Sarkis x Mkhai Lykoi — 1 November 2012
- Kastra Hunting x Ezekiel de le Poer — 2 November 2012
- Valkyrie de le Poer x Helotes Lykoi — 8 December 2012
- Aeron Ganesa x Helotes Lykoi — 21 December 2012
- Charm Sawtooth x Helotes Lykoi — 23 December 2012
- Ninsun Uruk x Enkiel Lykoi — 12 January 2013
- Willam la Chemin x Helotes Lykoi — 28 January 2013
- Alma x Ithiel de le Poer — 8 February 2013
- Sepirah Lykoi x Machidael Lykoi — 8 March 2013
Arsinoe Lykoi Khensa Lykoi Nepherites Lykoi
- Artemisia Eternity x Unknown — 8 July 2013
- Verenna Wyrre x Machidael Lykoi — 12 August 2013
- Machia Lykoi
- Rose de le Poer x Condor Fleurine — 23 September 2013
- Isabella Heiwa x Sirius Revlis — 27 February 2014
- Salvia Eternity x Stannis de le Poer — 29 March 2014
- China Rose Lykoi x Itachi Lykoi — 3 October 2012
- Myrika Tears x Cirael June Lykoi — 8 March 2013
- Symera Villisca x Priest de le Poer — 1 April 2013
- Symera Villisca x Priest de le Poer — 2013
- Asra Nejem x Josias Lykoi — 2 August 2013
- Azucena Lykoi x Cotl Van Ulrich — 17 March 2014
- Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi
|China Rose, coyote (90%) Lykoi by Alaine||Helotes, coyote-heavy (50%) Lykoi by Nat||Myrika, coyote-heavy (50%) Lykoi by Sie||Sirius, coy-wolf (37% coyote) Lykoi by Alaine||Machidael, jackal-heavy (37% coyote) Lykoi by Sie||Cernunnos, dog-heavy (28% coyote) Lykoi by Alaine||Gabriel, wolf-heavy (25% coyote) Lykoi by Alaine||Artemisia, wolf (12% coyote) Lykoi by Sie|
The Lykoi family has no one defining feature, as their widely varied heritage gives them just as varied an appearance. Some members have a doggish appearance, while others seem to be purebred coyotes. Still rarer members of the family, low in coyote blood, have fully wolfish appearances. Numerous members have a balanced or mixed appearance combining features of coyote, wolf, and dog, favoring all three equally. Lykoi family members generally have have an incredibly varied appearance, as the family is coyote, wolf, dog, and even jackal in some places.
Kaena is more coyote than anything else. However, her last pureblooded ancestors on her maternal side were her grandparents; her last pureblooded ancestors on her paternal side were paternal great-grandparents. Her father's family came from a long line of Red Wolves who had hybridized with coyotes prior to the apocalypse; Kae's mother was half coyote and half dog.
Kaena produced children with three wolves, one coyote, and one coyote-wolf hybrid -- resulting in even more hybridized children. There are heavy elements of coyote and gray wolf repeated numerous times throughout the family in later generations. Dog heritage is also seen, albeit more rarely than other influences. In the third generation, Samael produced a litter of children with a jackal, introducing that species into the Lykoi family.
In general, the more coyote a Lykoi possesses, the smaller that Lykoi is. In particular, Kimaris-Lykois are smaller in sized, as their father was a purebred coyote. In contrast, Kaena and Ahren's litter are large, as their father was a hundred percent wolf. Gabriel de le Poer is easily the largest Lupus-form member of the family, followed by Molochai de Odi Lykoi and Kerberos Lykoi -- all the children of full-blooded wolves. By contrast, the children of Samael and his jackal lover, Djeserit Nephthys, are the smallest of any Lykoi, as they are half-jackal.
- Golden eyes are the only true Lykoi eye color. Yellow and gold colored eyes are the only "Lykoi-inherited'' eye colors; other eye colors are due to outside influences.
- The most typical shade hovers around Fuel Yellow (#EEBB20).
- Paler yellow eyes, around Zombie (#E1DA91) in shade, are very rare, but may occur.
- Red eyes are extremely common within the Lykoi family, though this is due to outside influences -- red eyes don't exist within Kaena's ancestry. However, Zulifer Yfel, Ahren de le Poer, Astaroth Kimaris, Laruku Tears (so every one of Kae's babydaddies except Salvaged Eternity, whee!) have red eyes. Therefore, many Lykois have red eyes.
- Red eyes in the Lykoi family are varied -- they range in shade from Tabasco (#AC1915) to Scarlet (#F61813) and even Mahogany (#5F0707).
- Green eyes -- primarily around Las Palmas (#B4F41A) -- are seen only in the Eternity-Lykoi line; they are not found elsewhere amongst the Lykoi family bloodlines.
Fur & Markings
- Many Lykois are gray in coloration. Warmer grays such as Sandstone (#746663), Martini (#ADA19D), and Masala (#3D3633) are more common than cool grays.
- Golden hues, whites, browns, timberwolf patterning, agouti coloration, and even more vivid and varied colors may be found within the Lykoi family, thanks to the many different species influencing the bloodline.
- Black or dark saddling along the back is also commonplace, occurring in numerous characters.
- Red facial highlights are common -- red stripes along the muzzle, red masks, etc. are found within various characters. Common colors include Metallic Copper (#6C2C1B), Korma (#913B09), Walnut (#7D371B), and Pueblo (#8E3313).
- Completely solid colored (dark or light) characters are rare, but they do occur, especially in characters heavy on non-coyote blood -- Eris Eternity (mostly wolf) and Sepirah Lykoi (mostly jackal) are both almost completely black, while Jael is completely white and heavily wolf.
The Chaos Star tattoo is also a common feature of the Lykois, though it is certainly not an inborn trait. The tattoo is a Fire / Blood Red (#AA0000), and is shaped like a star with eight points extending outward from the ring at the center. The tattoo is commonly given to a young Lykoi within Inferni upon his or her adulthood at nine months of age.
- Kaena Lykoi did some very light research in the Concrete Jungle and picked a symbol she thought fit her family.
- Misery D'Angelo applied the first Chaos Star to Kaena's chest.
- Kae learned how to tattoo herself from Matthieu Halifax and Cotl Van Ulrich.
- Numerous Lykoi family members now sport the red tattoo; it has not been bestowed on a non-Lykoi.
Obtaining a Chaos Star
- ICly, the Chaos Star tattoo should probably only go to canines with a fairly close connection with Inferni. It's possible the tradition has continued elsewhere outside of Inferni, but that would require a bit more special explaining on your part.
OOC (Custom Icon)
- The icon can be obtained as a custom icon by any canine with Lykoi blood, regardless of their connection to Inferni, the Lykoi family, etc. The icon is not available to characters who do not not fit the stated criteria.
- You must purchase your icon via game points, Word of the Day, the 'Souls Store, a contest, or similar.
- The icon must not be altered from its original state. Changing the colors, shape, etc. of the icon is forbidden.
- Inferni heavily influences the Lykoi family and vice versa. See Inferni.
- Salsola and Anathema have been led by Lykoi family members.
- Scintilla heavily influences the Lykoi family, especially with some of the children of Gabriel de le Poer.
- Eterne has minor influences on the Lykoi family, primarily through the Kimaris family.
- Sonnerie has minor influences on the Lykoi family, specifically the small Tarasova branch of "borcoys".
In general the Lykois tend toward cohesiveness -- many members return continually to Inferni; however, they certainly aren't above intra-family violence, both minor and major.
- Lykois who have severely betrayed their blood -- and paid for it with exile or death -- include Vitium, Andrezej, Itachi, Columbine, and Cirael June.
Astaroth Kimaris spun a tale of birthing demons to Kaena. Kae passed this tale on to her children Samael, Razekiel, and Ahemait. Kaena later came to disbelieve the demon tale. She never actually cleared with this her children. Nevertheless, Samael seems to be the only one who has taken the demonic prince(ss) thing into adulthood. See Kimaris-Lykoi branch for more information.
Gabriel spent a large amount of time in Scintilla, where he picked up on their faith. This was brought home with him and taught to some of his siblings, including Corona and his children, Ezekiel, Talitha, Ithiel, and Aemon. The majority of their offspring were raised within Scintilla and brought up in the faith.
In 2012, a large group of the Lykoi family with strong Catholic roots emerged. This group includes the children of Kerberos Lykoi and his first mate, Leticia (an extremely devout Catholic of Spanish origin). Helotes Lykoi, Jacinto Lykoi, and Ilusion Lykoi are all practicing Catholics to varying levels of devoutness. Helotes fathered a child by Willam la Chemin, another devout catholic. Helotes' offspring, Basilio Lykoi and Azucena Lykoi will most likely follow in their families spiritual footsteps.
Possibly out of defiance to the violent reputation of their family, a hippie sect developed within the Lykoi in 2009 with Razekiel and Rikka. They value free love, peace over conflict, possible experimentation with recreational drugs, and most of them strive not to eat meat (even at the cost of their health). These values were heightened in 2011 when Razekiel lead the pack Ichika No Ho-en. Razekiel's children from his time in a hippie cult called Juniper Peace form a large basis of this section of the family: China Rose, Sage River, Clover Love, & Micah Sunrise. After time spent in the hippie commune, Rikka's children Rose and Hendrix also follow in her peaceful footsteps. Other Lykoi that fit in with the hippie beliefs include Jacinto, Violeta, and Avernus.
They definitely do incest. While Kaena never said, "go out and make babies with each other" to her young kids, it's probable she did not rail against incest terribly hard (her own experiences made it a difficult subject for her to think about, let alone talk about). Post-2010, Kaena's attitude toward incest changed drastically, and now she's likely to encourage it openly.
Many members of the Lykoi family are, put simply, a bit batshit. Several members have legitimate mental illnesses while others simply toe the line of crazy. Kaena comes from a long line of crazy and was not stable in youth. Her various choices of babydaddy, ranging from the split personality to the guy born in the midst of a cult, did not help instill stability in the Lykoi bloodline.
- Gabriel de le Poer heard the voice of God (and was a schizophrenic?).
- Samael Lykoi was very cray.
- Machidael Lykoi is pretty cray.
The Lykoi family has always been heavily involved in Inferni; along with the Massacre family, the Lykois are one of the few remaining families from the earliest days of the coyote clan. Kaena Lykoi was amongst the first coyotes who gathered in Hell's Coast in October of 2002. Inferni then witnessed the birth of Kerberos and Maeryn in 2003 to Kaena. Their birth was probably the first in Inferni, and was followed up by subsequent births in 2005, 2006, and 2007. All of Kaena's living children were born in Inferni; her sons, daughters, and grandchildren have had a number of births on both new Inferni and old Inferni soil.
Lykois have led Inferni at several points. From the Inferni's beginnings until June 2004, Kaena subled and then later actually led the clan. 2004 to 2006 are the only years Inferni did not have a Lykoi leader, though Kaena Lykoi remained a sporadic member of Inferni through this time.
From late 2006 to the present day, however, Lykois have successively led Inferni. First Kaena from 2006 to 2007, then her son Gabriel de le Poer from 2007 to 2011; his son Ezekiel led from 2011 to 2013. When Ezekiel left the clan, he passed leadership to Myrika Tears, who is also a grandchild of Kaena.
Only Kerberos Lykoi links the Lykoi family to the Damaichu; for many years, too, Kerberos was not seen within 'Souls. In 2011, however, the Lykoi-Damaichu branch reemerged with Helotes Lykoi and his siblings.
- Connected Families: de le Poer, Ganesa, Kimaris, Sawtooth
- This branch is heavily coyote; though Kerberos Lykoi himself was only a quarter coyote, the mothers of his children were partially coyote. The fourth generation in this branch is heavily coyote, as well, with the exception of Isolde Sawtooth.
- The elder children of Kerberos are the "Latin-blooded" Lykois -- Helotes, Jacinto, and Ilusion.
This is a large part of the Lykoi family. The single litter of Kaena and Ahren was very large, with six children surviving to adulthood; all parts of the de le Poer-Lykoi branch are descended from this single litter.
- Connected Families: Soul, Massacre, Winters, Ulrich
- A large part of this branch can trace their history to Gabriel de le Poer's exploits in Scintilla. Both Kastra Hunting and Jezebel produced children with members of the de le Poer-Lykois, and Ithiel returned to his homeland with his mate to produce a litter of children.
- This branch of the family is highly hybridized. Heavily wolf examples of this part of the family, such as Oak, contrast with heavily coyote characters, such as Ezekiel and Mephisto. A small part of this branch is also doggish, primarily where Lykoi blood has mixed with the Winters family.
- Despite the heavy hybridization of this branch, wolfishness dominates: the initial litter between Kaena and Ahren was only twenty-five percent coyote (well below even Inferni's species requirements for much of its existence). Grandchildren of Kaena with a wolf parent such as Oak and his brothers, Rikka's children with Strelein, and Vitium's children with Colibri are less than twenty percent coyote.
- This part of the family, despite being de le Poer in part, do not have the blue eyes found in other branches of the de le Poer family. Ahren, grandson of Nosferatu, carried the "flawed eyes" (red eyes) of the de le Poers.
The Kimaris branch of the family is also a very large influence, though Kaena bore Astaroth only three children. Part of the reason for the rapid expansion of the Kimaris-Lykoi branch is Samael, who reproduced six times with six different women of extremely varied heritage -- one a Kali, one a Sadira, the other a Rhiannon-Eternity.
- Connected Families: Nothing, Kali, Sadira, Rhiannon
- This branch of the family is heavily coyote: the initial litter between Kaena and Astaroth was three-quarters coyote. The subsequent generation includes majority-coyote hybrids Merodach, Merrick and her siblings, and other heavily-coyote characters.
- Nevertheless, a strange branch arose in this family with one of Samael's trysts -- the jackal siblings, including Machidael.
- This part of the family has (at least in part) a "titling" tradition.
This is a small part of the Lykoi family. It includes both direct descendents of Salvaged Eternity and Kaena Lykoi -- e.g., Eris Eternity -- as well as Sirius Revlis (he is son of Samael Lykoi and more properly belongs under the Kimaris header; however, due to his Eternity heritage, he is better categorized here). Descendents of both Eris and Sirius are Eternity-Lykois, obviously.
- Connected Families: D'Angelo, Kimaris
- The Eternity-Lykois are generally wolfish: Eris Eternity's children, for example, are merely 12% wolf. Sirius and his children however, are more coyote examples of Eternity-Lykois.
- The Eternity "branch" of the family is fairly disconnected from the core of the Lykoi family; Sirius lived in Inferni for a time when young, but never returned to the coyote clan. Eris essentially disowned/was disowned by her mother and left Inferni in a huge huff. This part of the family can be found in Salsola.
- They are super incesty.
- Eris and her ilk are the only part of the Lykoi family where red eyes cannot be found (Sirius, being of Kimaris descent in part, may have red-eyed descendents) without outside influences. On the contrary, the Eternity-Lykois are the only part of the Lykoi family prone to having green eyes.
There may be canines with the Lykoi surname in Maine, in the sparsely populated and rural areas of of the state. These canines would be distantly related to Kaena -- through her father Andre or her aunt, Morgyn Lykoi. These Maine Lykois are almost pureblood Red Wolves by now. They would also likely carry prejudices against coyotes and hybrids, and should be considered a predecessor and nothing more.
A cousin of Kaena's, Brennen Lykoi, made a brief appearance in Jaded Shadows many years ago; beyond that, there has been no contact with the "old" Lykoi and the Lykoi known in 'Souls. The families have deviated enough to be separate entities, though they may still have the same surname.
Cruorem / Veneum
There could be maternal relatives floating around somewhere on the east coast. Extended, unknown relatives as close as Kaena's aunt or maternal cousin may exist or have existed or bore children. These characters would not carry the Lykoi surname. They would be Cruorems or Veneums, more likely the former. The Veneum dog family was destroyed but for Kaena's maternal grandmother, Sibylla Veneum. The Cruorem / Veneum canines would be coy-dogs; there was no wolf in this family in the late 1990s. Nevertheless, the Veneum clan didn't seem too picky on the species of their victims, so wolf blood may have entered the Cruorem lines by now as well. They also lived in Maine, close to Portland.
The Lykois are such cool kids, others want to be like us. ;D