The Aston Family
Statistics & Foundation
ADOPT AN ASTON
On this page... (hide)
- 1. Adoptable Characters
- 2. Members
- 3. Adoptive Members
- 4. Defining Features
- 5. Influence and Influences
The Aston family descends from Nunavummiut arctic wolves from Auyuittuq National Park, in Nunavut. After the virus, they moved to Québec and integrated with the culture, assuming French names; many speak Québec French. They have remnants of a German history, preserved only in some of the names that have been passed down.
The family settled permanently in the Baie-James area, near Lac Sakami. However, most second- and third-generation family members have made their way to 'Souls or are currently living in 'Souls. For more information, see the information on their birthplace, Lac Sakami.
Δ marks an open character that is currently up for adoption.
† indicates littermates where it would cause an extraneous generation.
♥ indicates a multi-father litter where offspring are littermate, but not necessarily full siblings
- Tayui Aston and Shaeniire Vanim adopted Ember Agaric and Agani de'Luah when they were mates in Jaded Shadows.
- Amorette Aston adopted Nyx Greyfire, Lelouch Amarok, Evangeline Lykoi, and Marceline Sawtooth as her children in Anathema.
First- and second-generation members of the family are 90% arctic and 10% tundra luperci; white, heavy coats are common, attributable to their heritage. Later generations reflect their parentage, and have a varied array of coat colours.
Members of the Aston family are often either large or slightly above-average in terms of size.
Eye colours tend toward strong, rich colours; but there are exceptions to this. The most typical Aston family eye colours are a rich sky blue or a pale green. Gold and yellow eyes are also common. Most members show one of these three eye colours, although there is a broad variety of eye colours, especially in later generations.
Conforming eye colours
- Blue eyes are the most predominant. They usually come in the form of rich sky blues but lighter variations are also possible. Blue eyes are seen in Tayui (#197492), Barthélémy (#1E90FF), Éloise (#B8D8D5), Claudius and Amoux (#1DD6EF), Attila (#ADBABA), Andira (#1388C8), Carya (#556B82), Amorette (#20B6B6), Lust (#31c4c4), Laurentin (#51809c), and Death (#5F939E)
- Green eyes are another common colour, with some variation seen across members of the family, but most highly concentrated among descendants of Aurèle. Seen in Aurèle (#6C834D), Océane and Olivia (#77BFA1), Anatole and Timmiak (#97CD2D), Tuktu (#96A8A1), Famine (#A6B8A4), Kino (#037A21), and Haku (#319E49)
Non-Conforming eye colours
- Gold and yellow eyes are also common in the later generations. Seen in Honoré (#AA7F42), Noir (#FFDD4C), Valérian (#d5c458), Beatriç (#E0B851), Siginik (#E1BC64), Wrath (#D8CB61), and War (#C46E28), and Asik (#BAAC66)
- Also common are brown or orange eyes. Seen in Allegro (#370202), Myrtle and Sébastien (#512D21), Auguste (#943A39), Francesch (#532B17), and Greed (#F9AC15)
- Other colours include:
- Characters tend toward having White (#ffffff) and Silver (#C0C0C0) coat colours owing to their northern heritage. Many with white coats also tend to smatterings of colour, such as lighter shades of Tan (#D2B48C), including Pearl Bush (#E2D8CA) and Ecru White (#F3EFE2). Seen in Tayui, Aurèle, Barthélémy, Attila, Honoré, Éloise, Carya, Siginik, Asik, and Amoux
- Gold (#FFD700) and Brown (#964B00) coats are also common among wolves, especially in the third generation and beyond. Colours can range from rich Brown Rust (#B2633B) and Muddy Waters (#B68E59) to paler Chalky (#EEC39C) and Sapling (#DCD1A2) and less vibrant Hurricane (#8D7F7C) and Comet (#5E6275). Seen in Anatole, Noir, Myrtle, Sébastien, Allegro, Mésange, Andira, Auguste, Valérian, Beatriç, Francesch, Timmiak, Tuktu, Danaë, and Laurentin
- Darker-hued coats emerged most recently in Océane and was passed down to her two daughters: Amorette and Olivia. Oce's coat is a Dark Chocolate (#433016) and her daughters' coats are a similar Mocha (#3F3029) and Bistre (#3A2B1E). Two of the three children from Amorette's first litter also have dark coats, seen in Lust and Greed.
- Skunk stripe fur pattern. Seen in Tayui, Océane, Auguste, and Amorette.
- Spots are seen prominently in Claudius and Honoré and less prominently in Andira and Valérian
- Dog influence is seen in later generations from non-Aston parentage.
- A wolfdog helped conceive the litter between Tayui and Anu. He was 50% Eastern Timber Wolf and 50% dog, comprised of primarily Australian Shepherd and Koolie, with a bit of Australian Kelpie in his family. Auguste and Andira both inherited a merle coat pattern as a result.
- Amorette Aston and Olivia Tarasova inherited their dog genes from their father, who is a mix of many dog breeds
- Strong-willed women. Seen in Tayui, Aurèle, Océane, Noir, Allegro, Carya, Andira, and Amorette.
- Weak, awkward, or less-than-strong menfolk. Seen in Barthélémy, Claudius, Honoré, Myrtle.
- Love of learning. Seen in Tayui, Claudius, Auguste, Valérian and Olivia.
- Wanderlust or migratory tendencies. Seen in Aurèle, Tayui, Attila, Océane, Anatole, Francesch, Carya, and Andira.
As many members of the Aston family have resided in AniWaya, they often have found a spirit guide. It appears as though birds are the most common representation of a spirit guide for members of the Aston family.
- Attila's spirit guide, Markku, initially appeared to him as a grizzly bear; but later changed his form to that of a barn owl after the barn owl Attila was caring for died.
- Aurèle's spirit guide is a pied crow.
- Anatole's spirit guide is a golden eagle named Donoma.
- Noir's spirit guide, Kinigisdi, was a bluebird.
- Claudius's spirit guide, Iman, is a gerenuk, also known as a Waller's gazelle, a type of long-necked species of antelope indigenous to the horn of Africa.
- Océane's spirit guide is an albino cobra snake named Aedus.
Religion, Irreligion, Spiritualism, and Beliefs
There is no set religion for Aston characters and many are guided by internal belief systems. If they follow a form of spirituality or religion, it is often individualistic and personal to the character. The best determinant of whether a character follows a religion is their pack affiliation. Members of AniWaya are exposed to Cherokee forms of spiritualism, while members of Vinátta are exposed to Norse religious beliefs from Solbjorg Valley.
Members hailing from Lac Sakami are often either irreligious, hold Cree-based belief systems, and/or believe in a loose form of nature-based spiritualism.
Forms of religion, irrelegion, spiritualism, and beliefs include:
- Cherokee Spiritualism: practiced mainly by Laurentin, Danaë, Claudius and Océane.
- Norse Religion: practiced mainly by Tayui's mate, Anu, and passed on to their children; however, they are still developing their beliefs.
- Agnostic and nature-based spiritualism: Tayui is for the most part agnostic, believing that spirits exist, generally, and doesn't subscribe to one religion or set of spiritual guidelines.
- Irreligious: Barthélémy had no knowledge of religion or spriritualsm and neither did his sons, Myrtle, Sébastien, or his grandchildren, Beatriç and Francesch
The most common surnames are Aston or Bélanger. However, and Tayui was born as Tayui Aston-L'leh. When she left her birthpack, she went by Tayui L'leh, but later changed her name to Tayui Aston after the fire destroyed Bleeding Souls.
It is not uncommon for family members to change their surname as they age.
When Tayui and Anu had their litter together, they decided to give two of their children the surname 'Aston' in honour of Tayui and the surname 'Coeur' in honour of Anu, as she does not bear a surname, but wanted to give the children a family name nonetheless.
There are certain professions, skills, abilities, and weaknesses that are shared among Aston family members. For example, members of Lac Sakami and descendants tend to be bi- or tri-lingual; a consequence of a multicultural pack.
Some Aston family members share a love of or a predisposition to certain skills.
- Crafting: Claudius and more recently Attila are crafters in AniWaya.
- Warriors: Tayui initially became a warrior out of a joke to herself when she was a member of Anathema, but it stuck. She continued on her role as a warrior in Vinátta. Her daughter, Andira is a warrior in the pack. While a member of AniWaya, Tuktu was ranked as a warrior. Auguste Aston is a warrior-monk type; while he pursues the scholar ranks in his pack, he is also skilled in armed combat.
- Trading: Carya is a highly-ranked trader in Vinátta. Francesch was recruited by members of Lac Sakami to remain in the pack as a trader, and although he was quite skilled, he found the expectations to be too stifling. Although not intentionally, Claudius has struck out on a number of trading trips for AniWaya. And while not a trader, Tayui was always interested in trading information.
- Fire Tenders: Océane has been ranked as a Fire Tender in AniWaya and Attila held the Fire Tender and Firestarter ranks in AniWaya and Anathema, respectively.
- Teaching and Learning: Tayui has been interested in history her whole life; while in Jaded Shadows, she held the Baird co-rank and later went on to found the pack Shadowed Sun, which was based on the premise of learning and sharing knowledge. Olivia was formerly ranked in AniWaya as a teacher. Auguste Aston is able to read and write and is ranked in Vinatta's Scholar tier.
- Quebec French: the most-spoken language among Aston family members, including Tayui (though very poorly now), Aurèle, Honoré, Barthélémy, Éloise, Claudius, Océane, Attila, Anatole, Mésange, Beatriç, Francesch, Siginik, Tuktu, and Timmiak.
- English: Most Aston family members can speak English, with varying levels of skill. This includes Tayui, Aurèle, Honoré, Barthélémy, Éloise, Claudius, Océane, Noir, Attila, Anatole, Mésange, Beatriç, Francesch, Siginik, Tuktu, and Timmiak.
- Cherokee: Laurentin and Danaë were raised in The Great Tribe and therefore speak Cherokee fluently. Claudius possesses an intermediate level of Cherokee. Océane, Olivia, Amorette, and Attila speak Cherokee to a certain degree, although the true extent is unknown.
- James Bay (Eastern) Cree: The third-most spoken language among Aston family members is a dialect of Cree common to the northwestern part of Quebec. Spoken by Anatole and Tuktu.
- Nunavimmiutitut: only spoken by Barthélémy, which he learned when he moved to Salluit.
- Inuinnaqtun: an Inuit language only known by Inusiq, though not fluent, and perhaps Lutaaq and her children by Anatole.
Although there are links between the Aston family and other families, neither have been officially publicized.
- Soul, Sadira — Children between Tayui Aston and Haku Soul
- Wolfbane — Children between Aurèle Aston and Corvus Vendetta
- Trouillefou — Océane Aston's daughters, Amorette Aston and Olivia Tarasova, were sired by Domovoi Tarasova
- Lykoi, Ganesa — The Lykoi and Aston families were joined by the children between Amorette Aston and Kentaro Lykoi, mates in a polygamist relationship. The offspring are are half-siblings to Kentaro's litter with another of his mates.
- Amarok — The two families were first joined with one child in a multi-father litter between Amorette Aston and Kohaku Amarok. Among the child's siblings are three fathered by Kentaro Lykoi as well. Amorette and Kohaku also had a second litter of two puppies prior to Kohaku's death in 2016. Laurentin Aston and Marsali Amarok's litter in late 2016 further joined these two families.
- Utina — Saqui is mother to Claudius's children, Laurentin and Danaë.
- Inuit Sisters — Anatole's children with Lutaaq unites the families of the Inuit Sisters (comprised of Lutaaq and Inusiq -- and technically their brother Lootooq, although he departed from Lac Sakami) with their children: Siginik, Tuktu, and Timmiak. The Inuit Sisters descend from a well-respected family in Lac Sakami
- Damaichu, Knight — The children in a multi-father litter between Lust and Harlequin and Bertolt link these two families.
'Souls and Bleeding Souls Packs
- AniWaya — Tayui and Aurèle both bore their children while members of AniWaya. Attila's son, Orléans was also born in the tribe. Tayui was a founding and consistent member of AniWaya. Claudius and Océane were both long-time members of AniWaya. Claudius and Laurentin were both leaders in AniWaya prior to its disbandment.
- Vinátta — Tayui was a member of the pack until its disbandment. With her mate Anu, they had a litter of four puppies: Andira, Carya, Auguste, and Valérian
- Inferni — Sébastien was murdered while a member of Inferni. Tayui also maintained good ties with Inferni and was a bit of a fangirl for the coyote clan. She became good friends with Vesper, a former leader.
- Anathema — Tayui and Attila both joined Anathema during its early days as a pack. Amorette joined to be with her then-mate, Kentaro, with whom she is mother to many children. She also bore children to Kohaku. Many of her children and grandchildren remained in Anathema until its disbandment.
- Salsola — Tayui was a member, but betrayed it when she abandoned the pack. Alongside her son Attila and her sister Éloise, she led an attack against the pack during the Sequoia Plot.
- Phoenix Valley — Allegro, Honoré and Barthélémy were all members of Phoenix Valley at some point. Honoré later joined Aniwaya.
- Dahlia de Mai — Myrtle was a member of Dahlia de Mai, and was a participant in the Dahlia-Inferni Conflicts.
- Jaded Shadows and Shadowed Sun — Tayui was a member and later, a leader of Jaded Shadows, and a founding leader of Shadowed Sun. She took her mate, Shaeniire in Jaded Shadows.
- The Order — Following Kentaro's attack on and the disbandment of Anathema, many of Amorette's line went on to found The Order. The group includes Wrath, Greed, Abaddon, Banshee, and Imp. The Order disbanded in 2019.
- Bête Noire — Carya and her daughter, Aani joined the loner band shortly after their return to 'Souls in 2020.
- Lac Sakami — many of the first- and second-generation Aston descendants were born in Lac Sakami or lived there at one point in their life. Viola, Aurèle, and Anatole currently live there.
- The Great Tribe — Both Laurentin and Danaë were born in and raised in the Great Tribe, the founding tribe of AniWaya, in Minnesota, USA. Laurentin travelled to AniWaya to meet his father while Danaë remained behind with her mother, Saqui.
- Auclair — Following the disbandment of AniWaya, Laurentin founded Auclair in Rivière-du-Loup, where he currently resides.
- Rivière-aux-Graines — the strict, conservative birthplace of Francesch del Fraysse and Beatriç del Fraysse, born to Ysabet del Fraysse and sired by Myrtle Hammerkop. Francesch later made his way to Lac Sakami and both Francesch and Beatriç now reside in Auclair.
- Salluit — Barthélémy Aston currently resides in the northern Quebec town of Salluit.