Auger de la Croix
Auger is a coyote/dog mix who most resembles his dog heritage. He could be described as a cowboy, having been raised around horses, taught to take care of them from an early age, learning to do age-appropriate tasks as he grew. While on the trail, he met Notch by rescuing him from a robbery, and the two have been inseparable ever since, spending most of their lives alternating between travel and staying in Portland. Together they struck out for 'Souls after hearing of the packs there from one of Auger's family friends. They became part of the Drygrass Posse, which eventually formed Del Cenere Gang.
Auger and Notch adopted a coyote-mix puppy named Dynia in 2021, and in February 2022, they left the pack and headed to Portland where Auger's family is from.
- Date of Birth: 02 Apr 2017
- Gender: Male
- Luperci: Ortus
- Residence: Portland
- Mate: Notch
- Pack: Loner
- Monte (Bay draft cross stallion)
- 2 goats
- None at the moment, sorry!
- Feel free to suggest something!
- Del Cenere Gang members may know that he, Notch, and Dynia were pack members, but that they left before the snowstorm in 2022.
- For specific details and OOC assumptions, please contact me and I'm happy to work these out! :D
Fuscous Gray (#52524E)
Friar Gray (#84837d)
Lemon Grass (#97968e)
Bison Hide (#c7bfaa)
Moon Mist (#DDD8CC)
Nose & Paw Pads
- Species: Auger's dog heritage is most apparent. He inherited very little of his mother's coyote traits.
- Fur: His fur is thick and shaggy with a brindle pattern from his Akita genes.
- Optime Hair:
- Facial Features: His snout is the bulky sort that Malamutes and Akitas have.
- Build and Size: While not the tallest dog around, Auger is broad-shouldered with a dense, muscled, stocky build, and his thick fur increases the look.
- Lupus: 110 lbs (50 kg) & 28 in (71 cm)
- Secui: 150 lbs (68 kg) & 41 in (104 cm)
- Optime: 200 lbs (91 kg) & 5ft 11in (71 in/180 cm)
- Humanization: He sometimes wears a necklace with three blue jay feathers on it, and carries a bag. He otherwise finds clothes to be mostly uncomfortable and itchy, so he rarely wears anything else.
Auger is generally easygoing and hardworking until he has to defend himself or, especially, Notch. Then he is unafraid to throw his weight around.
- Outlook: Optimistic
- Sociability: Extroverted, dominant
- Expression: Dominant
- Alignment: Alignment?
- Survival: Everything he has, he has worked for. He traded for his horse himself, and helped Notch trade for many things as well. Unlike the many de la Croixes who were raised in Portland, he was raised on the trail by his traveling parents. They lacked the support system the rest of his extended family had, and so their focus was often on survival.
- Something: something something
- Losing Notch: Auger has become far more attached to Notch than he ever thought he could, to the point that he couldn't imagine his life without Notch in it. Trying to imagine it causes anxiety to tighten his chest. It also makes him very protective of Notch and quick to jump in if Auger feels that he is in danger.
- Having Monte go lame: Monte is second only to Notch in importance to Auger. He is afraid of the horse getting injured to the point of not being able to ride him anymore, especially because he has seen other horses with leg injuries having to be put down.
Auger was raised without any particular religion, and so he finds the things other believe in to be impractical and somewhat confusing.
- Packs: Since Auger has not met many of the packs yet, he has no biases.
- Species: none.
- Non-Luperci: none.
- Gender: none.
- Color: none.
- Sexuality: none.
- Age: Auger feels bad for older canines because they have to rely on others for survival when they can no longer move around well enough to hunt for themselves.
Auger is about a 5 on the Kinsey scale and also identifies as demisexual. For the most part, his partners have been male, and he doesn't have any particular preference for how traditionally masculine or feminine they are.
- Likes: horses, quiet
- Dislikes: sitting still
Auger enjoys drinking alcohol every now and then, but he doesn't like to drink enough to be incapacitated. He hates dealing with hangovers, so he'll drink enough to have fun and rarely more. He's not opposed to trying other drugs, but has yet to try something he enjoys enough to use regularly.
* Does not know this person by name.
3.1 Family: de la Croix
- Notch: Notch is the most important canine in Auger's life. From the beginning, it just felt natural for Auger to be around Notch; Notch was talkative where Auger tended not to be, and they both had the same strong work ethic. Although the two have not had any official ceremony, they consider themselves mates. They don't go around telling everyone, nor do they make any attempt to hide their relationship.
- Nazario del Bosque: Although Auger doesn't know Nazario too well, he respects the other male's leadership.
- Ceridwen Armistice: Having worked with Ceridwen to ensure that the pasture is safe for the horses, Auger has come to respect Ceridwen's knowledge on plants. He knows the basics, and he is glad to have her as a pack mate.
- Evelyn Escuella: Auger respects Evelyn's hard work in the pack, however her attitude towards Notch makes it tough for Auger to like her more.
- Win: None.
- Draw: None.
- Loss: None.
- Education and Learning: Auger grew up on the trail, learning about horses from the day he could walk. Since he couldn't shift yet, under the close eye of his parents, he learned how to herd them without getting hurt. When he did shift, they taught him how to ride and take care of the horses.
- Grooming (Master): Auger capable of brushing, hoof picking, and trimming a mane or tail if necessary due to snarls.
- Riding (Master): Auger is confident in the saddle, able to ride spirited horses that are for advanced riders. He has practice riding both bareback and with a saddle.
- Training (Journeyman): Auger has been learning to train horses, having started this later in his life so far.
- Auger is not a farrier, so he doesn't know how to properly trim a horse's hooves or fix something wrong with a hoof. He is also not too skilled in healing, so while he can tell if a horse is off, he can't necessarily pinpoint and treat the exact issue.
- Auger leaves the fancy mane clipping and braiding to Notch.
- Although Auger can train horses starting from the basics, he has always worked with another experienced trainer. Alone, progress can be slow at first.
blah blah blah
- Offering: what kind of stuff does your character trade?
- Accepting: what do they want?
Allers de la Croix, Auger’s father, was one of a few de la Croixes who traveled as part of a small group to trade goods, searching for rare and valuable items to bring back. A trio of coy-dogs, including Grail, joined the group during one of the trips when they were out west. Grail's job was to take care of the horses of her little group. She and Allers eventually became mates and started a family.
Auger was born on the road, along with his siblings, Flack? and Nairn?, Before shifting, he learned about horse care as well as body language. He got familiar with the animals. After shifting, he was able to actually practice the grooming techniques and learn to ride. They spent most of their time traveling, and visited Portland several times, where the youngsters were able to meet their cousins and extended family. Auger much preferred to be on the trail, though.
Eventually, his parents decided they wanted to settle down and stay in Portland. Auger decided to continue trading. He joined up with another small group of traveling traders, one of whom was named Tybalt Cormier. Auger learned about Krokar, the pack that Tybalt’s family was part of, as well as what Tybalt knew about the area. Tybalt taught him a little about fishing as well, and helped Auger improve his trading skills.
On their way back to Portland on one of the trips, their group decided to stop for a night at a little outpost. He awoke in the morning to the sounds of a commotion from another campsite nearby. A high-pitched yelp of pain had him off the ground and running over. He found one wolfish canine roughing up a small coyote while another wolf appeared to be trying to steal an overly fancy looking horse.
Auger charged forward, chasing off both of the attackers. Then he turned in time to watch the little coyote faint. Auger managed to keep his head from hitting the ground, and after quickly checking over his injuries, he started packing up the coyote’s remaining belongings. He had far too much to be traveling alone, and Auger wasn’t surprised that he had gotten attacked. When the coyote woke up, he immediately though that Auger was stealing from him now, but his injuries meant that he couldn't stand up long enough to do anything about it.
It took a bit, but Auger finally talked him into coming with them to Portland and learned that his name was Notch. When they arrived, they learned that Tybalt's family's pack had disbanded, but Auger was more worried about finding someone to take care of Notch. Once he healed up, they set off again as part of a small trade caravan and over the next few months they grew closer. Auger repeated Tybalt's stories of packs at 'Souls, and so the pair decided to set off in that direction to see what they could find.
During their travels through Nova Scotia looking for packs, Auger and Notch ended up mired in a swamp where they were helped by Santiago Tejada. Following this, they decided to join up with him as they formed a loner band because it seemed safer to have a group with them, rather than just the two of them. The group faced challenges together, including attacks from wolves, which served to bond them together with another Loner Band of coyotes.
Del Cenere Gang
|Duration||June 2019 - Present|
|Rank||El Elegido (1 Dec 2019)|
|El Probado (1 Nov 2019)|
|Las Brasas (12 June 2019)|
The Drygrass Posse joined forces with The Cartel and formed a new pack called Del Cenere Gang. With the pack formed, Auger and Notch got to work helping to make their new territory feel like home. They started out staying in the hotel while Notch looked at the options for their houses. At the same time, they got to know their pack mates, working with them to do things such as check out their newly claimed territory, ensure the safety of the fields for the livestock, and even gather materials to build up Charmingtown. The two of them also went with a small group to collect horses left behind when Inferni disbanded.
- At Least it's not Lightning Sand (Early Apr)
While passing through Canaan Bog with Notch, Auger gets stuck in the mud. Santiago Tejada helps him get out.
- Rye Whiskey (Mid Apr)
Auger and Notch bond with other Drygrass Posse members around a campfire.
- Her Room is Painted Heron Blue (Late Apr)
Working with Nazario del Bosque of The Cartel and Jackdaw Huxley of the Drygrass Posse, Auger and Notch dig a hole for a bonfire for an inter-Band event. (Through the Valley event)
- [M] And Storms Will Surely Come (May 5)
Auger and Ceridwen Armistice are attacked while trying to make camp during a heavy storm. Notch and Rafael Armistice return and jump in to help. (Through the Valley event)
- [M] Strange Hands Halted me, the Looming Shadows Danced (Mid May)
The body of Calhoun Escuella shows up at the campsite tied to his horse. It's determined to be a warning from their wolf attackers. (Through the Valley event)
- Sooner or Later God Will cut you Down (Early June)
Drygrass Posse and Cartel members are rallied by Nazario del Bosque and Santiago Tejada to put an end to the conflict with the wolves. (Through the Valley event)
- [M] I'll dig my Heels Into the Ground (Early June)
Nazario del Bosque returns to the campsite with a wolf's body. The decision is made to turn it into an effigy, which makes Auger and Notch uneasy, but they don't object. (Through the Valley event)
- Shake the Excess (June 14)
Auger, Notch, and Dahlia de le Poer clear brush from a trail.
- [M] Back to the Basics (June 16)
Auger seeks out Zsorthia Mercedes to request some leather gear.
- I Wanna be a Warhol (June 20)
While out traveling, Auger and Notch come across Helena Troy Lykoi going by her pseudonym, Diana. They trade with her to acquire some animals for the pack.
- The fire of a Thousand Suns (June 24)
Notch is busted after braiding the mane of Evelyn Escuella's horse. Auger avoids the ensuing argument while taking care of his horse.
- Tighten the Slack! (Mid Aug)
Auger and Notch introduce themselves to Sofia Ardoix.
- Fortune may Hold you, She's not Your Friend (Mid Aug)
Nazario del Bosque leads a group joined by Auger and Notch to round up horses that used to belong to Inferni.
- Where Idols Once Stood (Late August)
Along with Tamara de le Poer, Auger and Notch set up some effigies along the DCG border.
- We Will be who we are (Sept 7)
Evelyn Escuella, Notch, and Auger dig clay out of Moosehead Lake for use in Charmingtown. (The Building of Charmingtown project)
- The World's Poor Pessimist (Oct 1)
Auger and Notch are finding more trails through the pack lands and come across Ceridwen Armistice as she gathers useful plants.
- A Weed is but an Unloved Flower (Oct 5)
Auger, Notch, Ceridwen, and Rafael Armistice walk the horse pasture looking for harmful plants.
- I'm Seeing red (October 31)
Auger and Notch chase down a loner and take his mistreated goats with the help of Raven Sinclaire and Rembrandt Sinclaire.
- Call Upon me, the Dust and the Scribes (Early Nov)
The storage building collapsed, trapping Ronald Winthrop? under it. Auger and Notch help dig him out, along with Nazario del Bosque and Raven Sinclaire.
- Better Days (Early Nov)
Auger looks over some of the goods to see if anything is salvageable after the storage building collapse.
- Second Sight (Late Nov)
Auger notices that a saddle needs to be repaired and he seeks out Dahlia Winthrop for help.
- Pale Blue Ribbon (Late Nov)
Auger goes hunting for rabbits in order to use the pelts to make a present for Notch.
- Lost Before Lunch (Late Nov)
While on his way to visit Monte, Auger comes across Remy Debois, who has gotten lost and needs help getting back home.
- On the Road Again (Early Dec)
While patrolling, Auger and Notch find Arran Fir-Chlis at the border and they discuss goats.
- It's Burning Again, Like the First Fires (Late Dec)
Auger and Notch attend a tense feast that includes the Del Mars.
- The Fear has Gripped me but Here I go (Late Dec)
Auger and Notch help Daniel groom his horse, who is covered in mud.
- The Window (Late Dec)
Auger and Notch are caring for the goats the rescued, and Raven Sinclaire brings some grain to help the goats put on weight.
- Thread Title (Date)
Show/Hide DCG Talismans
|| Tin Horseshoe: 3 Months Membership |
From 12 June 2019–12 September 2019.
|| Steel Horseshoe: 6 Months Membership |
From 12 June 2019–12 December 2019.
|| Iron Horseshoe: 9 Months Membership |
From 12 June 2019–12 March 2020.
|| Bronze Horseshoe: 12 Months Membership |
From 12 June 2019–12 June 2020.
|| Copper Horseshoe: 18 Months Membership |
From 12 June 2019–12 December 2020.
|| Gold Horseshoe: 24 Months Membership |
From 12 June 2019–12 June 2021.
|| White Horse: Participate in 1 pack plot |
|| Palomino Horse: Orchestrated Pack Plot |
Orchestrate a Pack Plot
|| Grullo Horse: Participated in Pack Foundation |
Participated in Pack Foundation
|| Angus Cow: Update the Del Cenere wiki Directory |
|| Jersey Cow: Pick up a DCG Adoptable |
Adopted Characters on MM.DD.YYYY
|| Hereford Cow: Contribute a prize to a DCG contest |
Contributed with 1
|| Braunvieh Cow: Earn Community Soul |
Chosen for Spotlight on MM.DD.YYYY
|| Charolais Cow: Earn every OOC Talisman |