This character is available for adoption! See .
- Pre-adoption changes to this character ARE NOT acceptable.
- This character DOES NOT have additional constraints on their adoption.
- Due to a lack of active connections, Naila is a very freeform character -- do what you want with her, even if it means adopting her and immediately killing her off. ;)
- Related background, culture, homeland, or pack pages: Kartal, Beirut
Born in crowded Beirut, the daughter of a merchant and a former thief, Naila Haniyah Kartal was raised aloof and vigilant. Granted some wealth, if not status, she functioned as a craftswoman and trader for her community -- while dealing with a rather tumultuous family dynamic.
Her father Levent Kartal's various infidelities and predilections caught up with him eventually: first in the arrival of Naila's young half-brother, Benjamin, and later in an awkward chance meeting with a wealthy merchant on the Athens trading route. These transgressions, as well as general family-related stress, led the Kartal children to seek a less densely populated home.
The Kartals departed for North America in winter of 2015, before the storm season, and enjoyed the east-to-west trade winds and warmer waters near the equator. They reached New Brunswick in March 2016 and sought shelter in Sapient in April after the meteor impact. They stayed throughout the spring and most of the summer, until a falling out between Faizel and Benjamin led the Beiruti Kartals to depart.
- Species: Naila mostly resembles a Common Gray Wolf in build, with only very subtle traces of her other breeds.
- Fur: Her fur is thick and shaggy, with a bushy tail.
- Optime Hair: Usually unstyled, hidden by her hijab.
- Facial Features: A thick neck supports a handsome head with a broad muzzle. Her ears are somewhat large.
- Build and Size:
- Lupus: (~32 in) Naila is of average height for a wolf. Her body structure is strong and square, with large paws and powerful legs. She is broad and robust.
- Secui: (~40 in) This form is giant and monstrous, thick and wolflike.
- Optime: (6ft 5in) She is large, thick with muscle, and not particularly feminine but for ample hips.
- Humanization: Fairly high -- wears clothing and has humanized posture.
Old Copper (#714C30)
Pickled Bluewood (#38555D)
Nose, Skin, Paw Pads
Cod Grey (#070606)
- Speech: Naila's voice is mid-range and even, though her curtness makes it seem less feminine. Her accent is strong and mars her English.
- Scent: Desert and scrubland, musty buildings, earth, spice, blood, rust, cloth, horse, wolf, jackal.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: She is a bit of a social chameleon, often subtly mirroring the gestures of others to form a connection with them. She adapts her presentation to each new scenario.
- General Posture and Body Language: Naila naturally has rather neutral and closed-off posture, though she adapts it expertly to fit each situation: dominance, submission, even gentleness. She knows how to hold herself to appear threatening or nonthreatening and takes full advantage.
- Dark blue-green hijab with floral pattern; always worn in public, covering hair and chest
- In cold weather or certain company, wears long cloth garments
- Gold bangles
Serious-minded, hard worker, social chameleon
- Sociability: Very , but introverted; needs to "recharge."
- Expression: Constantly changes to suit her "mission"; quiet at home.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Species: Probably has some amount of jackal prejudice.
- Non-Luperci: Probably has some amount of prejudice against non-Luperci.
- Sexuality: Up to adopter -- possibly against same-sex pairings (and therefore ashamed of half-brother/father), but might be sympathetic/accepting. Would be strongly against adultery.
- Her religion forbids alcohol and intoxicants.
- However, Naila might alter these views or overlook them in the event of trade/keeping appearances, depending on how adopter wants to play her.
Naila was raised in a community that practiced an Islamic faith (with many liberties) and believes in a singular god, called Allah or Tanrı. She observes many of its laws and rituals, though she is not as devout as her brother.
4. Skills and Inventory
- Trading (Journeyman):
- Crafting (Journeyman):
- Diplomacy (Journeyman):
- Language (Journeyman):
- Reading & Writing (Apprentice):
- Livestock (Apprentice):