|Date of Founding||~1988|
Lebanon itself is a place of ancient civilization -- "the earliest evidence of civilization in Lebanon dates back more than 7,000 years -- predating recorded history."  It's no surprise Luperci also settled here -- with a prime location along the Mediterranean coast, many wolves and jackals have made their home here, a large population taking root in the old city of Beirut.
The whole coast enjoys the typical Mediterranean climate as well as the prime fishing territory provided by the rich waters. Within the city of Beirut itself, sea-faring pursuits are still quite important. At the time of the human's demise in 1988, Lebanon was engaged in civil war; during 1987, Beirut itself came under attack.  The city sustained heavy damages, and much of its architecture was destroyed, leaving ruins and rubble in its place.
The humans did not have much time to rebuild their country by the time the virus decimated their populations; as a result, Lebanon itself was in worse shape than much of the surrounding areas. However, this only aided the Luperci -- with the buildings and structures of humanity already decaying, wilderness and animals were able to move into the area with more speed, resulting in more stable populations of prey for the canine residents of the area.
Though much of the human architecture was destroyed even before the Luperci arrived, they have made do with it quite well. Most live amongst the broken remnants of human society without a care. Though Beirut is connected to Jerusalem by land route, the two areas are not friendly, and canines of one area generally regard canines from the other with hostility. More importantly, Beirut enjoys a close relationship with Athens via the Mediterranean, providing sea trade routes for both cities.
Beirut is a heavily guarded city, providing fortifications and border guards along its outskirts and vigilant guarding of the borders for fear of invasion since Jerusalem was captured by jackals. The city's population has swollen recently with refugees from the neighboring city, most of whom have been begrudgingly accepted. Beirut is one of the most densely populated areas Luperci inhabit, with many of them living in tight quarters with one another. Hunting is done in large parties, with groups of Luperci dispatching for maximum safety. In general, the culture is aloof and vigilant, though not altogether aggressive to outsiders -- numerous refugees from neighboring Jerusalem have been welcomed to Beirut.
Heavily populated by Iranian wolves as well as some Common grey wolves. There are few native jackals, who are careful to denounce the actions of their kin in Jerusalem lest they find themselves exiled from the area or worse. Arabian wolves are a less common sight, though they can sometimes be seen in Beirut.
- The twin cities of Derinkuyu and Kaymakli are held in poor regard by Beirut's wolf population due to their pro-jackal attitudes and assistance in Jerusalem.
- Bucharest is poorly thought of by Beirut citizens due to their slave-trading practices. Unlike Algiers, the practice is outlawed within the city and the surrounding territories, with exile or death the most often punishment for those participating.
- Arena traders are a familiar sight in and around the city, and the family has many contacts and a trade route going through it.
- Azel Lykoi was born in Beirut.
- Levent Kartal and his family have taken up residence in Beirut. They live near to and with a number of cats, of which the NPC Evelien originated from.