Posey Prior was a well-loved denmother of Mistfell Vale.
She was born in a small family pack in Manitoba alongside two siblings, only one of which survived with her to adulthood. She was "married off" quite young to Ira Prior, a northern-born wolf with missionary heritage. They traveled together to Ira's homeland in the Nunavut tundra, where Posey gave birth to their three daughters, named after flowers that bloomed on the prairie in summer: Asphodel, Rosebay, and Harebell. Though timid of her husband, Posey adored her children.
When a fateful blizzard brought famine to the arctic, the small family nearly starved. Ira wandered from their den and perished in the storm (effectively committing suicide so there would be one less mouth to feed), and Posey, delirious with hunger, later followed. She devoured her husband's frozen corpse -- an act witnessed by her horrified daughters. They survived the terrible winter, but her daughters effectively disowned and abandoned her.
Depressed, Posey wandered back south on her own to New York, where she met a she-wolf named Harriet Harper. Romance quickly blossomed between the two women, who were soul mates in many ways. They planned on raising a family together, and with the help of another loner, gave birth around the same time. Unfortunately, while their litters were still small, Hattie died of rabbit fever -- as did her puppies. The two that Posey gave birth to, Lyric and Whimsy, survived. Posey gifted them an idyllic childhood, raising them on fond memories of their other parent.
Posey was just past her prime by the time her daughters grew up, and Lyric remained with her as a caregiver as she aged. They traveled as loners for a few years, until it became harder for Lyric to care for her senior parent alone. When Mistfell Vale formed, Posey and Lyric became founders of the pack. Posey spent her twilight years in the Vale as a babysitter; many of the pack's youths (including eventual Ursarchon Saga D'Angelo) viewed Posey as an honorary grandmother. Posey eventually succumbed to dementia and passed away shortly before Mistfell Vale's disbandment.
- Species: Purely wolf. Posey resembles a timber wolf with a white coat.
- Fur: Bushy, coarse hair, often with a disheveled look from impacted undercoat. Thin in places with calluses.
- Optime Hair: Bushy and unruly, rarely styled because of this.
- Facial Features: Once-pretty, with a long slim muzzle and large ears. An "old" face. Eyes have a faint bluish haze.
- Build and Size: Average in height, with long legs and a slender build. Big paws. Skinny from age.
- Lupus: 32 in (81 cm) · 75 lb (34 kg)
- Secui: 44 in (112 cm) · 150 lb (68 kg)
- Optime: 6 ft 4 in (76 in) (193 cm) · 210 lb (95 kg)
- Humanization: Low -- she might wear meaningful accessories but otherwise doesn't bother.
- Speech: Folksy old lady voice, tends to use a lot of contractions and drop off syllables.
- Scent: Old person smell. Pine, spruce, mist, earth and flowers, sun-warmed stone, bog water.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Hoots when she laughs.
- General Posture and Body Language: Friendly, submissive, feral posture -- walks up to everyone like a friendly old dog. Bouncy, jolly gait, usually wagging her tail.
- Perpetually shedding, though it's worst in spring.
- Various minor scars visible where her pelt is thinnest.
- Calluses on her elbows and other places that heavily touch the ground when she's at rest.
Myers-Briggs Type: ENFP (Inspirer/Campaigner)
- Warm, enthusiastic lover of life.
- Genuinely interested in people; intuitive and perceptive.
- Natural leader, but doesn't like to control people.
- Motivational, inspirational; brings out the best in others.
- Lively sense of humor, dramatic, energetic, optimistic.
- Tendency to be smothering.
- Uninterested in dealing with "mundane" matters.
- Extreme dislike of conflict or criticism.
- Holds onto bad relationships long after they've tuned bad.
- Difficulty scolding or punishing others.
- Outlook: Optimistic
- Sociability: Extroverted
- Expression: Submissive
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Believes everyone should be treated fairly and kindly.
- Values her family, but will not heed their requests necessarily.
- Does not seek positions of authority over others.
- Considers the needs of the community in personal life.
- Fun, freedom, enjoyment of life
- Redemption, proving that she is a good mother figure
- Starvation, isolation
- Older men or those resembling her husband intimidate her.
- * Something: something something
- In her old age, Posey shows little interest in relationships, but she is still a flirt!
- While she harbors a strong and instinctual attraction for powerful, "provider"-type males, Posey seems to have a preference for women as partners.
- Likes: Flowers, puppies, ice and snow, rain and sunshine, rolling in dead things
- Dislikes: Older or intimidating men, isolation
- Enjoys drinking alcohol (or "firewater") on occasions; Posey likes how it makes her feel.
- She has never smoked substances and is not inclined to.
- Mother: Amka Imaani
- Father: Samedi Sycamore
- Siblings: Pippa Imaani, Sedge Sycamore
- (with Ira Prior, b. 2011) Asphodel Prior, Rosebay Prior, Harebell Prior
- (with Harriett Harper, b. 2014) Lyric Harper, Whimsy Harper