Emory Pearce was born in Portland, Maine to a pair of local, small-time merchants. He is the youngest son of his parents' five litters together, and had a rebellious streak that ended up with him catching a ride onto a caravan headed north towards Nova Scotia. Once there, a mistake that cost him being kicked out by the caravan's leader led to Emory unexpectedly left to fend for himself in the wilds. He made the best he could of being abandoned in foreign land in the dead of winter, and eventually joined the humanized pack of Sapient where he was ranked as a Cessavi.
He played a role in the Familia Sugit Conflict, but his inexperience and immaturity eventually lead to his downfall. Having never been part of a war or any type of conflict, he was ill-prepared to deal with the attackers of Sapient. Emory lost his life during a patrol where the Gang began their first pushes inland into Sapient territory.
- Pack: Sapient (04 Dec 2016)
- Rank: Cessavi
Sapient members may assume and reference the following without discussion/asking:
- Seeing Emory around the pack and being particularly drawn to group activities (appears to like social interaction)
- Knowing of his claim to be a "mean" knife-fighter...but often shies away from actual confrontation
- That he tends to yap a lot when he gets worked up, and he's easily worked up
- For his short stature, he's talks pretty big
- Species: Dog through and through, from his fox-like features to his shortness to his high-curled tail
- Fur: Medium, double-coat, very soft and he knows it (because he brushes it often)
- Facial Features: Very fox-like; triangular ears that are lined more towards the top of his skull; relatively slim snout; sharp, almond-shaped eyes
- Build and Size: Relatively small despite what his fluff may make him look like; very lean
- Lupus: Boxy due to his tail curling over his back, he's very lithe and agile
- Optime: Stands on the smaller side; he's has very small muscle toning and appears more like someone who uses his speed rather than relying on strength
- Humanization: Highly humanized, but, unfortunately, lost of of his belongings when he was forced to flee when attacked by a group of loners. He heavily uses his Optime form, falling back to his Lupus when he needs to
escape go somewhere fast or cross over large distances.
45 lbs (20 kg) ↔ 20 in (51 cm)
96 lbs (44 kg) ↔ 35 in (89 cm)
137 lbs (62 kg) ↔ 5 ft 5 in (65 in) (165 cm)
Somewhat arrogant, short-tempered, and easily provoked, Emory has a lot of growing still to do. He's not a dog very well known for his bravery (he's more of an
insult yap/bark from afar type of guy), and more so remembered for his immaturity and lack of experience with the world. Despite his shortcomings though, Emory is a generally kind soul, and has never been known to be outright malicious. When his allies need him most though, Emory can be counted on.
- Speech: High-pitched, young, can be headache-inducing
- Scent: Stone, cedar, lavender, crisp snow
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Tends to take a yappy edge to his voice when he gets angry or frustrated
- General Posture and Body Language: Tight, tense, like he's waiting for someone to attack him and feels the need to be ready to defend himself
- Packs: Rural-like packs are backwards and don't take advantage of the Luperci's Optime forms
Anything that's bigger than him None
- Non-Luperci: Pities them because they can't live a more civilized life
- Gender: Somewhat misogynistic
- Sexuality: Doesn't really care, though, he is highly defensive if another male tries to dominate him
- Age: Old people are too uptight