Erebel Fir-Chlis is a stargirl.
Bedtime, finish later.
- Species: She looks like a dog - a mix of herding breeds, most obviously Australian Shepherd - with a more slender and tapered nose; her tail is short but not absent.
- Fur: Most of her fur is a deep black (Shark), with minimal patches of merle (Gray Chateau) patterning, most notably the 'trickle' over her face and neck. She also has accents of off-white (Iron) on her muzzle, chest and forepaws.
- Optime Hair: Long and wild, occasionally tamed (a little) by being put into a pair of messy fishtail braids. Thin streaks of Iron.
- Facial Features: Her face is narrow with ears a little too big for her head. Her eyes are bright, but not especially large or wide.
- Build and Size: Erebel has a little less height than her brother Arran but has a slender build with moderate, proportional curves.
- Humanization: Erebel possesses few items of clothing but if available she would wear a woolen cloak and, on special occasions, a pair of hemp breeches or a flowing skirt. In her former home she was often found in Optime form when guarding the livestock to allow her to use a Shepherd's Sling but for hunting she'd use all forms interchangeably.
Gray Chateau (#9FA6A8)
80 lbs (xx kg)
27 in (xx cm)
145 lbs (xx kg)
39 in (xx cm)
180 lbs (xx kg)
5ft 9in (69 in / 175 cm)
Lines by wxndxrxr
While Ere has a great love for her family she considers herself determined and capable enough of taking care of herself - despite others disagreeing. Whilst exhibiting the physical energy of her breeds, she's an introvert and highly sensitive to the moods of others which means she detaches herself from friends and family frequently to recover mental and emotional energy. At times Erebel's emotions may explode rather than trickle out of her - she can go from nought to sixty in a few seconds when she's particularly tired, which might make her difficult to predict.
A night owl, Ere finds it easiest to think under the gentle glow of the moon and stars. She has a strong imagination which sometimes makes the real world seem bittersweet. At times Erebel's mind wanders - and at times her paws wander, too, usually when the world begins to darken.
* Does not know this person by name.
Animal Husbandry & Training
- Education and Learning: with an abundance of energy as a young child, Erebel was herding sheep and goats before she could shift. While she can't speak the livestock's language, she has gradually taken more of an interest in understanding their behaviour and training them rather than just herding them (although she is still a natural goatherd).
- Herding (Journeyman): While it isn't Erebel's chief interest, she's a natural herder and has had some guidance from family members. She's more inclined to guard the livestock than to actively herd them.
- Milking (Journeyman): Over time and especially after the fall of Old Caledonia, Erebel has honed her milking skills, with help from her Gramma.
- Animal Behaviour (Apprentice): This is one of her most driving interests; she has observed sheep and goats from puppyhood and picked up nuggets of information but hopes to find someone to continue her education with.
- Erebel lacks a passion for herding - she'll do it when necessary but usually to help out a family member rather than because she wants to. She has never herded horses or cattle.
- With access to only goats in recent times, Erebel's sheep milking skills have slipped. She can sometimes be a little too gentle with the animals which tends to result in milking being time-consuming and slow.
- She's very keen on expanding her knowledge in this area but needs a mentor to help her. Sometimes she would rather observe than interact with the animals.
- Education and Learning: Erebel is a reluctant combatant since the fall of Old Caledonia, preferring to use persuasion on those who understand the Luperci tongue to avoid fighting. She has, however learned enough from her family and scraps as a youngster, to be able to defend herself to some degree. She has had no formal training in tooth and nail combat.
- Shepherd's Sling (Journeyman): Since confessing to relatives that she'd rather learn a longer range weapon, Erebel has been learning how to use the Shepherd's Sling - she's accomplished enough to hit a target moving at moderate speed and her distance is good.
- Feral (Novice): Erebel is quick and agile enough to make an attempt at avoiding agressors' advances.
- Erebel hasn't spent a great deal of her life fighting at close range, preferring to leave that to her bulkier relatives, so while she's able to defend herself she is often reluctant or unable to execute strong attacks of her own.
- Erebel can be a little overconfident with her sling; she hasn't quite got her aim accurate enough to take out small animals or anything moving at great speed. She's also still learning how to select the best projectiles.
- All in all, given her reluctance to fight since the demise of her home, Erebel would need a lot of training and confidence-building to be truly useful in combat.
- Education and Learning: Erebel has loved the idea of exploring new places since she was a teenager; her knowledge has come partly from natural curiousity and partly from shadowing family members on scouting trips.
- Navigation (Novice): Erebel can read the stars well enough to gain a general sense of direction. She can navigate some tricky terrain, partly because she's stubborn and eager to learn.
- Her determination to learn sometimes results in reckless or directionless wandering. This may land her in hot water if she ends up stranded or stuck.
- She can mostly navigate by the stars so may have to wait for nightfall to get an idea of where she should be heading.
Erebel has a pair of goats: a billy and a nanny.
The Fall of Caledonia
As Caledonia fell Erebel went into battle with her Gramma. Having arranged it with her siblings earlier - and seeing that Rhavan wasn't gaining the upper hand in the fight - Erebel urged the older woman to withdraw from the battle with her - rescuing a pair of goats on the way.
After ensuring Rhavan's safety and telling her to rest, Erebel returned to the site of their old home only to find that the fight had ended. Stumbling upon deceased relatives, Erebel went into a sort of daze. She wandered aimlessly away from the remains of her Clan.
Rhavan found her wandering great-granddaughter (and the goats) and Erebel promised to assist her Gramma in finding a new home.
Since Arriving in 'Souls