Forum Profile Guide
(redirected from Souls.ForumProfileGuide)
On this page... (hide)
- 1. Before You Start...
- 2. What IC Fields Should You Fill Out?
- 3. What OOC Information Should You Fill Out?
- 4. BB Coding Basics
- 5. Special Profile BBCodes
- 6. Notes
What constitutes a good profile, anyway? Quality is key. Ensure that certain fields are filled out with accurate, easy-to-read information.
Why? Other players may browse your profile to get a feel for your character when roleplaying with you. Clearly stating your character's appearance gives others something to describe in their own posts, fleshing out your character's personality can add emphasis to their dialogue, and your character's history at a glance can help shape future interactions.
Keeping your profile updated may also you to roleplay when your muse grows quiet!
- If joining via profile, required fields are gender, age, birthdate, Luperci status, appearance, biography, and personality.
- Consider keeping your forum profile browsing and scanning friendly; extremely long histories or extended lists of threads would be much better suited to the 'Souls Wiki or the forum.
- See also: Appearance @ RP Guide.
Your character's appearance is arguably the most important part of your profile -- expect to devote a good amount of time to filling out this section. If your character is a Luperci, you'll want to include information about all three of their forms and note the form in which they usually appear.
Some people write detailed descriptions for each form; others write a single base description and simply note the differences from one form to the next. You may find it helpful to describe Lupus, Secui, and Optime beneath separate headers.
- See also: History @ RP Guide.
It might help you to write out your character's history in a simple list format first, and later expand upon those bullet points. Think about how your character reacted to a certain situation, and why they reacted that way.
It's also important to make certain your character history is realistic. If they're traveling from Russia, for example, it doesn't make sense for them to have left their homeland last week and they're now joining 'Souls -- remember travel times.
2.3 Joining Essentials: Personality
- See also: Personality @ RP Guide.
Once you've done that, you should also fill in their personality. Think of a few words to describe their traits -- extroverted or introverted, emotional or logical, analytical or imaginative, dominant or submissive? How do they react to certain situations -- newcomer at the borders, a stranger with bad attitude in the neutral territories, a lost puppy? Do they have a strong sense of right and wrong, or does their morality shift to accommodate the situation and their best interest? What motivates them, and what frightens them? What do they enjoy and what do they dislike? Browsing one of the detailed character templates can give you several good starting points.
Although this may seem daunting, considering these aspects can help you fully flesh out your character. Keep in mind that personality and history often go hand-in-hand. For example, would a character who respects authority attack their old pack leader? Or did the consequences of that attack give them the submission they have today?
- Gender it should be obvious from pronoun use, it doesn't hurt to be perfectly clear!
- Age should be given in actual years, keeping the aging chart in mind. A Luperci born in 1998 would be 12 actual years old in 2010, but to a canine, this is equivalent to roughly 80 years. Don't forget about date of birth -- remember, 'Souls is set in the present day.
- If your character is a Luperci, remember there are two types,
Ortus and Verto. While it's not necessary to differentiate which one your character is, if they were infected after birth, consider noting the circumstances in the biography.
You may notice there are some things that haven't been covered yet -- these are things you don't have to worry about if you're just joining 'Souls.
- Relations -- Although it may be helpful for you to think about your character's family, you don't have to have this figured out when you first join.
- Show Wiki? -- If you've made your character a wiki page, toggle this to link it automatically.
- Extras -- Other information, such as your character's topic in the Post and Graphic Logs board, can be linked here.
- Other Characters -- If you have other characters, this is where you can link to their profile.
- Catacombs OOC & IC -- This is a series of icon rewards for various achievements; see the linked topic for details.
The good news -- you don't have to fill out anything on this section of your profile. ;3 Totally optional!
- Your OOC name is displayed above your character's name, and it can be helpful if you don't want people referring to you by your character's name!
- It's very helpful to note which character account you prefer to receive PMs on in your OOC information if you have multiple characters and don't often check auxiliary character accounts. Private messaging is the standard of contact on 'Souls, including for pack leaders.
- If you have messengers and you're open to random contact from 'Soulsters, fill out your IM handle information and state that you're open to contact. Discord users can hang out in the 'Souls Chat to meet other players.
- If you have Open Characters or Open Threads that could use attention, say so!
Profiles accept all bbCode that is accepted in regular posts. Profiles do not accept HTML. You can find a BBCode guide on the Forum Guide.
[dimensions]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8[/dimensions]
This bracket takes eight numbers separated by spaces and displays them in a size table. Your numbers should be in this order: Optime height, Optime weight, Secui height, Secui weight, Secui length, Lupus height, Lupus weight, Lupus length.
- Is your profile mature material? Make sure to mark it with bbCode templates!