Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
|Common Name||Rosemary, more|
|Latin Name||Rosmarinus officinalis|
Rosemary is a woody, perennial herb with fragrant, evergreen, needle-like leaves and white, pink, purple, or blue flowers. It likes loam soil with good drainage in an open, sunny position. It is hardy in cool climates and can withstand droughts. As it was widely cultivated by humanity, various different types exist, ranging from a lemon-scented variety to a particularly cold-hardy variety often grown in Nova Scotia.
Very easy. It grows wild, especially near former farms, gardens, and human-cultivated areas. It is easily grown in pots, though also can grow large and be pruned into shapes and low hedges.
- Scent: Rosemary oil is used for purposes of fragrant bodily perfumes or to emit an aroma into a room. It is also burnt as incense.
- Medicinal: Rosemary has a very old reputation for improving memory.
- Fresh or dried leaves are used to flavor various foods, such as stuffings and roast meats. They have a bitter, astringent taste and are highly aromatic, which complements a wide variety of foods.
- A tea can be made from the leaves.
- When burnt, leaves give off a mustard-like smell and a smell similar to burning wood, which can be used to flavor foods while barbecuing.
- Hey, did your character do something cool with this plant?
- Or maybe your pack has it for trade?