This pack has been disbanded.
Ranks & Classes
Miscellaneous OOC Content
On this page... (hide)
As the numbers of a small loner group began to rise, the space within the cabin quickly became insufficient. With no other options, they headed north toward the mainland, to where they then settled within the Government Estate, the sprawling construct located in the center of Bathurst. Time began to pass, their numbers still growing, until enviably their group formed into the pack known as Sapient; father and son combo, Nivosus Moineau and Ardoise Moineau took up leadership, with the founding members of Nivosus Moineau, Ardoise Moineau, Alessan Stormbringer, Constantine von Troy, Icarus de le Poer, Yelena Denikin, Maximilian Barnet, Tierney Brádaigh, Diarmid Ahearne, Ciellen Loreath, Leonardo Auditore, Aleski Glazkov, Chrysanthemum, Máire Brádaigh and Akantha.
Desiring a more civilized pack, their culture focused on humanized living; they reached out, began to establish relations and offering their services and trade to those around them. Several members extended a helping hand, aiding the re-forming pack Midnight Shores as they moved north to Prince Edward Island, with the promise of future trade established with neighboring packs.
Whilst things have certainly been productive, there's been a good share of tensions, fights and broken furniture within the Estate as the pack grows more and more familiar with each other. Sapient also had it's first litter born; Ruari Ahearne, the sole child of Tierney Brádaigh and Diarmid Ahearne.
Sapient completed their part of a commissioned trade deal that had been struck with Krokar back in 2014 just as floods struck the lands, delaying delivery of what was otherwise a successful transaction to begin the groundwork of relations between these two northern packs. With water levels rising, those who resided within Bathurst at the time found themselves facing great difficulty traveling throughout the pack lands, for the rivers that dissect the pack lands and surround the main residential areas were quick to overflow. Thankfully, with quick thinking and preventative methods, Sapiens were relatively unaffected by the downpour.
Encouraged by this initial success of branching out to the packs, invites were set out to all other local packs, for the Sapiens intended to hold a grand ball. With the ball coming into play, relations with the secretive Salsola were ignited, their goodwill vital as things were quick to fall apart during the masquerade ball. Whether by design or accident, Lola, a member and diplomatic representative of Casa di Cavalieri found herself responsible for the death of Desiderio Auditore, to which she quickly hid her involvement. Holding to the white flag of peace that they extended to all who had come, despite her actions, Sapient allowed the culprit to leave unharmed, although bad blood was thus created between the two packs.
Casa di Cavalieri was not the only pack to find themselves subject to Sapient's displeasure! After a one night stand between Nivosus Moineau and Snapdragon Lykoi, it was revealed that the Inferni member had stolen from Sapient. But that was not all; the coyote female was also pregnant with Nivosus's children, resulting in the birth of Valentina Lykoi and Sybil Moineau, who later moved to join their father and live in Sapient. In addition to this litter, Diarmid and Tierney had their second, bringing Dareios Ahearne and Kadir Ahearne into the Sapient ranks, with Akantha expecting her first litter come January!
Greed does seem to be our downfall and never had that been more apparent than during March this year. In retaliation for the theft of some prized horses and a small (just a small!) murder, a group of canines began to attack and infiltrate Sapient, seeking revenge. Whilst defending the borders, Diarmid Ahearne was the first and only Sapien to fall during the conflict, leaving behind many a soul behind to mourn the loss of one of our finest warriors.
Tragedy seemed to bite at Sapient's heels, for before they even had much of a chance to recover, the red star fell. Luck and good location protected the pack from extensive damage, allowing everyone to gather and offer aid to our allies in Krokar who were hit harder. When all the damage was repaired, the drive to create new things continued, with a training grounds plan put into place and completed, lead by Naenia Ortega, with Nivosus styled dummies for everyone to beat up included.
Yet this year wasn't all just loss for the pack. Three litters graced us this year: Akantha became a single mother to Solomon, Lucian and Odalis. Nivosus and Naenia became parents to Nieve Ortega and Sloan Ortega, whilst Miwa and Shaamah had their luck in threes, with Jamaigo, Kaimu and Zetsubou being born.
Whilst many members have climbed those ranks, filling in some rather large shoes has been Shaamah, taking up the rank of Adcredo in Akantha's place. Not only that but as our ranks expand; increasing from three tiers to now four, along with esteemed Concili ranks, Sapiens have also gained their first Primor ranked member, Naenia Ortega.
Phew, this year has been a bit of a roller coaster, with ups and downs! Sapiens didn't have what could be described as the best start to the year, with long-standing member Shaamah's past catching up on him, bad blood only made worse with the addition of some accidentally wronged traders. With tensions rising, Sapiens entered into the Familia Sugit conflict with the aide of our allies, Krokar. With them, came out victorious but not unscathed, for, regretfully, Vedetta Auditore and Emory Pearce perished amidst the various conflicts.
In light of these events, changes were made to Sapient's territory, the pack's borders stretching out north, allowing for greater defense of their home base in Bathurst. As well, Sagire Ardoise Moineau left the pack to head and provide leadership to the Portland location with Shaamah and a few others in tow.
There wasn't much time to mourn the dead, for hot on the heels of this conflict reaching its conclusion, strange things started happening across the lands - a sickness took root, affecting livestock and Luperci alike. With diligence and teamwork, the medics and all of Sapient banded together, coming out from this disaster with minimal losses. In light of both these bad times, it seemed someone within Sapient had taken it upon themselves to break the solemn atmosphere, igniting a dare and prank war (with some dreadful and hilarious results), finally helping everyone once more break free from the darkness that had been clinging to everyone.
Spirits renewed and summer coming to an end, Sagax Nivosus Moineau decided it was high time to thank our allies for helping the pack for their support during the Familia Sugit conflict. Sapient hosted Krokar in a month-long celebration event, ending it with a party that few could remember after the night's festivities. When it was all over, the last of the party's supplies were rationed and consumed, individuals returned home and started to prepare for the colder weather, and trades were made to replenish the pack's diminished stores. Things had started to return back to normal in the Estate...or, so, the Sapiens were foolishly led to believe.
A handful of Sapiens began to come down with mysterious symptoms that spooked some into believing that the spring sickness had returned. To make matters worse, members started to randomly show up dead. Kalila Damaichu was one of the first, her body being placed at Krokar's borders in, perhaps, an eerie sort of warning. Itō Miwa's body was found murdered just outside Sapient's, and, moving too close to home, Marne Sadira's was found well within the pack's borders. And as if that wasn't enough, Rowtag and Hibiki (née Kaimu) were now missing, and their whereabouts unknown. The results of all of this caused Nivosus to fall into a stupor that led him to be unfit to lead the pack during such a tense and chaotic time, and, so, Naenia Ortega and Tierney Brádaigh temporarily took over in leadership.
After sharing information with Krokar, and finding that some of their own had mysteriously vanished, the two packs began working together once more to find their missing packmates. Individuals came forward with valuable information, clues were found, and shady, rogue groups were discovered and questioned outside the packs' borders. At the end of it all, they had painted a clearer picture as to what had been going on. The two packs, unwittingly, had had some of their members fall prey to a drug trafficking cartel group, made possible by the clues left on some of the traded items for the packs' late-summer party and follow-up trade to replenish their stocks.
It was a race against time to find and rescue their packmates before the cartel moved them. Sapient and Krokar found the group's hideout within the Serpentine Mountains, and launched a coordinated, surprise attack in the midst of snowfall on an early winter morning. The two groups fought their way inward, navigating the elaborate tunnel network, and eventually finding their lost packmates. Their friends liberated and with a plethora of loot to be scavenged for their troubles, the two packs returned home, victorious once again.
Hopefully, Lady Luck and Mother Nature will be kind to Sapient in this coming new year, and will bring about a time with less conflict and chaos to befall upon the pack.
In the aftermath of the Breadcrumb Drug Cartel Conflict, Sapient saw peaceful times ahead. After experiencing a year full of conflict, Sapient sought to better their relations with others rather than continuously finding themselves on the receiving end of someone else's hatred or nefarious ways. They tri-hosted a Scavenger Hunt comprising of their ally, Krokar, and a pack with whom they had previously rocky relationship with, Inferni. With members co-mingling and striving for the rights to boast as winners -- or, perhaps, simply wanting to get the event over with sooner -- things were looking up for Sapient in their tentative start to trying to take on a more diplomatic way of doing things...in true Sapient style.
By February, plans had been made to start a new tradition. Spurred by the problems caused by the Breadcrumbs Drug Cartel Conflict, Domus Faber Asura Creo and Cessavi Colton Gray came up with the idea to do a large feast, using samples of every food item the pack had in storage. In theory, the sampling would help find food or alcohol that were tampered with in less lethal doses, and before they became a huge problem or left packmates vulnerable to poaching by devious cartel individuals. Food and drink looked to be the best way to a Sapien's heart, as the feast was a hit! The new tradition was named, Venenum Testis.
Come spring, Sapient sought to even further their sophisticated ways, and members were encouraged to write books and help the wealth of information the pack had in its library -- newly named the Mads Ibsen Memorial Library (no, Mads was not dead) -- grow even more so. Books on fighting, on certain skills sets, on livestock, medicines, and more Luperci-documented accounts were added to the library for future generations and new members' benefit.
Along with this, Sapient began a new diplomacy program, which took off in June with two envoy groups; one destined for the new pack, Mistfell Vale, the other, to better Sapeint's budding relationship with Inferni. Each were met with varying levels of accomplishment, as neither were turned away. Minor trades between the packs' members and the envoy groups were made and neither envoy party reported back with anything less than hopeful promises that things might continue to grow in their favor should the Sapiens try to pursue something more.
Summer came, and there had been no major conflicts, no crazy pranks or dares posted around the Estate, no mysterious illnesses, no giant stars falling from the sky, no miserable weather to make a muck of things. Things had been, generally, peaceful, but such an adjective had never been a synonym of Sapient. It had been too quiet within Sapient for too long.
Children of resident hoarder, Tierney Brádaigh, decided that enough was enough when they stumbled across their mother's mess of a room. They performed an intervention, and eventually agreed to the hasty decision to take their mother with them down to the pack’s Portland location, the University of New England, in an attempt to stop her from undermining their efforts to get rid of the piles and piles of various items that she had collected in secret in her room. Her belongings -- collected, pilfered, and bartered from all around -- were free to whoever happens upon them. In the midst of this clean up though, something peculiar -- a letter -- was dislodged from its long-forgotten resting place of many months. The yellowed, crinkled-edged, dirt-spotted letter was picked up by an individual, and a ball was set in motion.
Some time after the commotion of cleaning Tierney's room, Leonardo Auditore was found by his apprentice, Nieve Ortega, mysteriously strangled to death in his workshop in Oxley. Asura was called, and the young medic and blacksmith apprentice discovered a treasonous note hidden on Leonardo's person. Spurred by the contents of the aged letter, Asura howled for an emergency pack meeting, where it was revealed that Sagax Nivosus Moineau lied to the pack and falsely led them to believe that the Dark Horse Conflict was started by greedy, aggressive Loners rather than by a result of his own actions. The unexplained deaths that took place during the Breadcrumb Drug Cartel Conflict, were brought up, some members wondering if it were possible that Nivosus had lied or tried to cover those up as well. Nivosus' very late arrival to the meeting only caused further suspicion, and he was immediately incarcerated by his own pack.
The pack dispersed for the evening, agreeing to come back the following morning when everyone's thoughts might be more clear for the grave decision they would be forced to make with the evidence that had been placed before them regarding their own leader. When they sought to bring Nivosus out to be questioned and to defend himself though, they found the Sagax gone, having escaped in the middle of the night before any formal judgement could be placed upon him. The pack hunted him down, but, it was to no avail, their leader had, effectively, abandoned them, and his running away only further brought question to his character and his actions. Sapient, now leaderless and without any wanting to take on the responsibility, found itself unofficially disbanding on its own. Members slowly dispersed over the following days and weeks until there were none left. Some sought a new home, others sought the pack's ex-Sagire, Ardoise Moineau, who still led the pack's Portland location, the University. When news reached the outpost of the Nova Scotia branch disbanding, so too did the Sapient members at the University disband.
By July 30th, Sapient was completely disbanded in both locations.
- Sapient disbands.
- Sapient makes preparations to further their library and introduces Envoys.
- allow me to introduce myself...Mr. Right. Hugo Glass joins Sapient.
- I have arrived. Koda Hunt joins Sapient.
- Sapient begins a new tradition called Venenum Testis, essentially: a giant feast.
- lidt weed, mit team, et beat, det' fint. Mads Ibsen joins Sapient.
- Sapient, Krokar, and Inferni host a scavenger hunt in neutral territory in order to break the ice with one another.
- Be not so Fearful.. Daryl joins Sapient.
- Sapient and their ally, Krokar, are forced to race against the clock to save their kidnapped packmates before they lose them forever. End of the Breadcrumb Drug Cartel Conflict.
- Aras the Loner. Aras joins Sapient.
- Sapient and Krokar barter for more goods, unknowingly taking more tampered-with products. Part of the Breadcrumb Drug Cartel Conflict.
- Kalila Damaichu is found dead at Krokar's borders.
- Sapient sees the first results of the aftermath of their beach party with with Krokar. Part of the Breadcrumb Drug Cartel Conflict.
- I came for the togas.... Moon Moon Damaichu joins Sapient.
- Sapient hosts a late-summer beach party with Krokar. Start of the Breadcrumb Drug Cartel Conflict.
- You're being watched. Bhel Kailo joins Sapient.
- Sapient unwittingly hosts a Double-Dog-Dare Game.
- Fools rush In. Derek Winter joins Sapient.
- Learn to find your way in the darkness. Con D'Angelo joins Sapient.
- Maps codify the miracle of existence. Fallen Rydel joins Sapient.
- Lest I Fade. Isolda Lyashev joins Sapient.
- Not too proud for shelter. Ramoth Lykoi joins Sapient.
- Quicksand. Louis Oegaire joins Sapient.
- make me a beast half as brave. Svanja Dikiy joins Sapient.
- The Fourth Bridge. Persimmon Fell joins Sapient.
- Fault Lines. Merrik joins Sapient.
- Rocky Road. Kofei McGreggor and Saoirse Bromley join Sapient.
- the right thing. Harlequin Knight joins Sapient.
- Back to the valley and into my soul. Sergio Vega and Miguel Gutierrez join Sapient.
- Sagire Ardoise Moineau leaves Sapient to head the University of New England outpost in Portland.
- A Fresh Start. Alyx Wulf joins Sapient.
- Familia Sugit Conflict.
- Vedetta Auditore and Emory Pearce are killed during the Familia Sugit Conflict.
- You don't hear me say I want to stay. Dakota Rauxur joins Sapient.
- live and learn from fools and from sages. Damian Immortales joins Sapient.
- lord, here she comes. Maria Soledad joins Sapient.
- I drove for miles just to find you and find myself. Skana Creo, Vepar Creo, and Sully (aNPC, cNPC) join Sapient.
- Don't Fear The Reaper. Trident Collins, Rosie Collins, Asura Creo, and Saleos Creo (cNPC, yNPCs) join Sapient.
- but trust that i know just where i'm going. Brandy Blackrust joins Sapient.
- They say newcomers have a certain smell. Garrett Masquerade and Bonereaper Masquerade (cNPC) join Sapient.
- Civilized in an Uncivilized World. Adrianna Julia and Nicolas de Orsa (cNPC) joins Sapient.
- Jamaigo, Kaimu, and Zetsubou were born in Sapient in a loveless contract to Miwa and Shaamah
- Ascher Stormbringer Leaves Sapient and returns to Vinatta.
- With Ash in her eyes, She Scurries in. Kin Collins escorts Lithia Napier and Tzila Napier to Sapient, where they trade secrets of Anathema to Nivosus Moineau in order to join Sapient.
- Good Things won't let You Wait. Ascher Stormbringer Joins Sapient
- The Red Star has fallen off of the western coast of Nova Scotia! An air blast, earthquakes and tsunami's threaten destruction in Sapient's lands. Krokar suffered greater damages, and Sapient offered aid to help rebuild.
- Sloan Ortega and Nieve Ortega were born to Naenia Ortega and Nivosus Moineau.
- Solomon, Lucian, and Odalis were born to Akantha.
- They Call it Lonely Digging. Liam Kaelan joins Sapient.
- A Pipe, a Gambler, and Two Sore Feet. Jiro Ken joins Sapient.
- Ciara and Miwa meet at Sapient's borders and exchange some information about their packs.
- Akantha is reunited with Pascal Sadira in Krokar. He was discovered on the borders by Beatrice Tindall and Milos Parhelion. She is tasked with delivering him back to the south alongside her sister, Semini. Their reunion is sweet and cute. 'I was looking at you there and your face looked wrong
- Akantha delivers Pascal Sadira back to Cour des Miracles with her sister Semini and the help of her horse Florian. They meet Pascals mother Shiloh Dawnbringer and are met at the borders with tears and happiness! You will lift his body from the shore and bring him home
- Roll out the Red Carpet. MiwaItou joins Sapient.
- Akantha returns to Krokar to conduct trade (and awkward groping) with Milos . if i didn't leave, i could go today
- Sapient hosts a diplomacy ball for packs around the region and tensions run high. Chaos ensues following the murder of one of Sapient's members. Lucille, Gus and Semini are all in attendance and witness the events. to be the mistake you can't live without
- Semini and Sapient's Nikita Volkov, become romantically involved. we can be timeless
- During the diplomatic ball hosted by Sapient, Lola killed Desiderio Auditore and caused a rift between the packs. Luca Knight has attempted to bridge this rift and make amends, as such Sapiens are encouraged to be wary, but not hostile towards Cavaliers.
- Ciellen Loreath, Akantha, Maire Bradaigh, and Dominic Hunt arrive in Salsola on a Diplomacy & Trade Mission. This opens the ways for the two packs to discuss future opportunities for trade and puts Salsola on the map -- as prior to stumbling upon it many members of Sapient suspected it to be to the south. All the beads of water move up the glass
- Dionysus and his followers. The Diplomacy Ball that Sapient had arranged was going well, until Desiderio Auditore was found dead in their midst. The culprit was later discovered to be Lola from Casa di cavalieri. The murder brought tensions between the two packs.
- Semini and Akantha agree to put their differences aside and work together to make their packs strong. Following this, they have met regularly to discuss their packs and future plans between them. some unholy war
- Lilith Fairbreeze and Maximilian Barnet meet and trade wares. ours for yours
- Akantha travels south to visit Pascal Sadira but is instead met on the borders by Skoll Haskel who informs her that the boy has gone missing. She returns to Sapient empty handed, and wondering as to where the man has disappeared to. 'I’m still here and you’re there I know
- Well I've lost it all, I'm just a silhouette. Cillian Brádaigh reunites with Tierney Brádaigh, Diarmid Ahearne and Máire Brádaigh and joins Sapient.
- The Present Changes the Past. Due to a contract agreement with Maximilian Barnet, Shaamah joins Sapient.
- Representatives from Sapient arrive to deliver the promised goods, six wagon wheels, as a part of their trade agreement. In return, Krokar gives them livestock, including a caribou calf, two hens and a rooster, and one doe (goat). a thousand miles followed my intent
- While in Krokar to finalize the aforementioned trade agreement, Milos finds Akantha in Fiskebyn and shows her around. in the dark i have no name
- With the theft discovered, Sapiens lost all trust in Inferni and members were thus actively encouraged to spy upon, sabotage and gain intel on the dishonorable clan, leaving the rift between the two packs unresolved. 'Cause your presence still lingers here
- Ciellen Loreath and Akantha discover a deeply wounded Krokaran, Vidar, in Neutral territory on their way back from New Dawn. They manage to patch him up and take him to Sapient, where he recovers and eventually returns home. Better off as a Corpse, I can see that the end is near
- Akantha encounters Pascal Sadira at their borders and learns something of the court to the south. She also begins a friendship with the timid man. 'lay by me, wrapped in ever green
- Ruari Ahearne was born to Tierney Brádaigh and Diarmid Ahearne
- Snapdragon approached Sapient under the name of diplomacy; only to break the trust given and stole from the pack. [M]the moon is out shining bright
- During the foundation of Midnight Shores, Sapient provided aid to help the pack move as part of a trade for horses.
- Sapient's founding member Akantha is the sister to Krokar member Semini.
- Ardoise and Nivosus brought gifts to Krokar to discuss plausible future trade. We both dove and rose to the riverside
- Shortly after Sapient was founded, Storm Cormier trespassed into SP's lands. That Perfect Moment
- Semini trespasses in search of Constantine von Troy, but is met and escorted off the lands by Nivosus. Crossfire
- We're bigger than we ever dreamed. Ardoise Moineau and Nivosus Moineau catch up and further discuss the prospect of pack formation together.
- It's not a question about trust, but will you stand with us?. Due to an increase in numbers, the loner group moves north and settles into the Government estate for the meanwhile.
- And all I got left is memories. Tierney Brádaigh finds a familiar face; Icarus de le Poer! With the move soon approaching, she mentions the pack and her uncle, thus inadvertently recruiting the male.
- suspense controlling my mind. Tierney Brádaigh and Diarmid Ahearne encounter Nivosus Moineau for the first time and upon realizing they are family, Tierney agrees to join the coalition. Diarmid agrees only because of Tierney's acceptance.
- [M] I blame you. Nivosus Moineau and Alessan Stormbringer make amends; kind of.
- You'll see soon enough. After hearing of Nivosus Moineau's encounter with Alessan Stormbringer, Ardoise Moineau heads out to try and smooth relations over and get the wine-maker to see Nivosus in a new light.
- We'll find all the answers and then some. Ardoise Moineau encounters Yelena Denikin and believes her to be a possible potential member of the nameless pack that is being loosely discussed.
- [M] And a bottle of Tennessee. By chance Nivosus Moineau and Alessan Stormbringer encounter each other again; whilst the encounter isn't positive, Ale has certainly caught Niv's attention for his winemaking skills!
- — swan song. Diarmid Ahearne and Tierney Brádaigh meet up and after some initial tensions and drama, decide to team up.
- Best is yet to come. The idea of forming a pack is breached and discussed in a general manner between Nivosus Moineau, Ardoise Moineau and Leonardo Auditore.
|Nivosus Moineau 2014-Present|
|Ardoise Moineau Oct 2014-Feb 2017|
Aniwaya and Sapient had a neutral relationship born form distance; their few interactions were genereally positive.
The two packs have had multiple mutually beneficial engagements, resulting in friendly ties.
- November 2014: Sapient traded manual labor from Tierney and Leonardo and a small rowboat in exchange for a horse and her foal during Midnight Shores's foundation.
- January 2016: Shaamah brings firewood to the Shores, and Skana Creo acts as his sponsor during his stay.
- June 2016: Sapient and Midnight Shores work together to capture horses from Prince Edward Island's horse herds.
- December 2016: When Midnight Shores is disbanded, acting leader, Skana, gives half of the pack's communal livestock to Sapient. As well, Sapient accepts a good handful of their members into the pack.
After the devastating attack on New Dawn and it's following disbandment, Sapient members were warned to be on their guard with any Anathema members.