(redirected from Characters.RileyRockateer)
Riley was once a First Officer of Casa di Cavalieri
Riley was born in New Orleans as a child of a pair of jackal hybrids. His mother had been a slave and ran away with his father. They lived in Louisiana when Riley was younger and then moved to the central United States as Riley shifted. He was teased by the local children because of his accent for a while. His father trained him in combat and his mother had skill at archery and tailoring. When he was a year and a half, he journeyed to Nova Scotia.
There, he met Iorek and later was chased into Casa di Cavalieri by some Syndicate loners. He participated in the second Syndicate Conflict and fought well. In late September he went with a group to help set up Casa's Portland Outpost and stayed there for a while until he was sure that all was well. And then he came back in mid-November and his relationship with Iorek continued to grow.
Now they are in a relationship.
In October of 2018, Iorek is exiled from Casa di Cavalieri and Riley follows him. They move to Praegrandis and raised several children.
| Biographical Information
- Date of Birth: Date of Birth:
- Age: 6 years
- Human Age: 42 years
- Birthplace: New Orleans
| Physical Description
- Sex: Male
- Luperci: Ortus
| Physical Description
- Species: Riley looks mostly jackal. He has long ears and a narrow non-tapering snout. He does bear some dog traits: silky fur, coloring, and gains longer legs from his dog heritage.
- Fur: His fur is silky like a borzoi’s, but it lacks the thickness so he is susceptible to cold.
- Optime Hair: His hair is cut to fall over his eyes, but is shoved up by his goggles.
- Facial Features: He bears the long ears of a jackal and the narrow snout that doesn’t taper.
- Build and Size: Riley is lean with long legs and is very quick. He has lean wiry muscle. Rather athletic and toned to some degree.
- Lupus: Riley’s Lupus form looks jackal-like but he has longer legs and an uptuck from his sighthound heritage.
- Optime: Riley looks almost dainty with his small build, but the lean wiry muscle on his frame says otherwise. He has long legs and looks tall. He is athletic and strong from archery and training.
- Humanization: Riley is quite humanized and wears clothes and uses weapons. He pretty much never shifts out of Optime.
- Notable Accesories: Goggles, Key necklaces, Scarves, Bracelets
- Wardrobe Ideas
- Speech: A tenor voice with a slight Cajun accent. He tries to speak with a typical American accent, but after spending time in Portland and working with traders from New Orleans, his accent has become more clear. He speaks Cajun French
| Coloration Palette
Pale Oyster (#9A8B7D)
Tobacco Brown (#715741)
Tobacco Brown (#765C45)
16 in (40.6 cm)
25 lbs (11 kg)
37 in (94 cm)
115 lbs (52 kg)
5 ft 7 in (67 in / 170 cm)
135 lbs (61 kg)
| Reference Images
Click for personality
Confident • Charming • Passionate • Protective • Compassionate • Hard-Working • Creative
- Outlook: Realist with some optimistic views.
- Sociability: Extroverted
- Expression: Dominant
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- "They believe in all the virtues of goodness and right, but they have little use for laws and regulations."
- " They tend to hold personal freedom and welfare above anything else. "
- "He will never betray a family member, comrade, or friend."
- Freedom, his friends, Iorek, justice
- Harm befalling his loved ones
- Likes: Archery, tailoring, training
- Dislikes: Bigots
- Packs: Favorable bias towards Casa di Cavalieri. Neutral about other packs though dislikes a certain guy from Cour des Miracles
- Species: Doesn't seem to be bias towards other species.
- Non-Luperci: Doesn't think much of them
- Riley is a 4 on the Kinsey Scale
- He has a preference for men though is not opposed to sleeping with women. He has had several past relationships, many of which with men.
Riley was raised to be semi Catholic but he only knows certain parts of the Bible and crosses himself when mentioning or hearing the deceased name. He has knowledge of voodoo, particularly the gris gris and other rituals due to his mother.
Riley doesn't mind a good drink now and then. He does know about other drugs and has seen their effects.
Skills & Hobbies
Click for skills
- Bow and Arrow: Riley is skilled at using a bow and arrow, a skill taught to him by one of his father. His aim isn't impeccable but he is a fair shot and primarily aims for his target's center mass. This is his primary weapon and he has been training daily.
- Tailoring: Riley can mend clothes and can make new clothes from provided materials, a skill taught to him by his mother which he further expanded on. He enjoys making outfits and has a notebook of designs that he adds to and crosses off as he tries.
- Trading: Riley is relatively good at trading and making deals due to his upbringing.
- Armed Combat: Riley can fight with a pair of scimitars fairly well and learned the basics of dagger wielding. He was taught by his father and his father's friends since it was an important skill to know if things went south.
- Hand-to-Hand: Riley can use punches and kicks as well as a bit of mixed martial arts to fight if caught without weapons.
- Sex: Gelding
- Species: Horse
- Date of Birth: 2015
- Height: 16.5 Hands (66 inches)
- Weight: 1000 lbs
- Key Features: Long-legged
- Coloration: Porsche (#E7AA6F) fur with a Stark White (#E3D5BB) mane, blaze, and stockings.
| OOC Assumptions
Packs members may reference:
Skills & Abilities:
- Could make a good warhorse
- Will bite and kick at threatening Luperci
Docile, obedient, playful, calm, protective
Traded for at Portland's Outpost
Riley was born in New Orleans as a child of a pair of jackal hybrids. His mother had been a slave to a family of rich dogs that stopped in New Orleans on a trip from their home in Europe. Basile met her during trade negotiations and they fell in love but the family would not allow their "exotic" slave to leave them. Adalicia ran away with Basile. They moved to Louisiana after Riley had first shifted and then moved to the central United States three months after that. He was teased by the local children because of his accent for a while which he began to suppress as a result. His father and his father's friends trained him in combat, archery, and trading while his mother passed on her skill of tailoring in. When he was a year and a half, he journeyed to Nova Scotia.
There, he met Iorek and later was chased into Casa di Cavalieri by some Syndicate loners. He participated in the second Syndicate Conflict and fought well. In late September he went with a group to help set up Casa's Portland Outpost and stayed there for a while until he was sure that all was well. And then he came back and his relationship with Iorek continued to grow.
- Give it up, your tact is astounding
With Teagan Stryder and Makoto Riddley? and Iorek
- Everywhere we go, we're looking for the sun
With Cleome Valentine and Iorek
- Somewhere only we know
With Iorek. Iorek and Riley finally admit their feelings to each other.
- Hey there Delilah
- Drifting, Falling
With Lake, Munroe Knight, Iorek
- as the winter turned the meadow brown
With Skoll Haskel and Iorek
- Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
With Hartt Attaya and Iorek
- Riley, Iorek, and Jace Wolfe fight in the Anathema war.
- Let's sway under the moonlight
- I'm the lonelier version of you, don't know what went wrong
- My persuasion can build a nation
With Hartt Attaya and Iorek
- [M] A daugther picks up a warrior's sword
With Jace Wolfe and Iorek
- Trying to embrace the picture I paint and colour me free
With Kirin Rune and Iorek
- Which is heavier, a pound of bricks or a pound of feathers?
With Aldora Knight, Ovidiu, and Iorek
- You can't fight the friction, so ease it off
With Guinevere Callow-Knight and Iorek
- [M] You're silent beside me, a nightmare I can't escape from
With Alvira Phoenix (tNPC), Iorek, Honrin Wolfe-Denahlii, Remus Knight, Veri Secanti, Morty (pNPC), Josephine LaBelle (pNPC), Callum Knight (NPC)
- I'm back with the madness, I'm a champion (August 19th)
With Luca Knight, Iorek.
With Characters, crazy stuff happens!
- [M] Damn right you should be scared of me. Who is in control?
With Iorek, crazy stuff happens
- [M] One Fell Swoop
With Characters, crazy stuff happens.
Back to Top of Archive