On this page... (hide)
- 1. Appearance
- 2. Personality
- 2.1 Skills & Abilities
- 2.2 Likes & Dislikes
- 3. History
Machiavelli is a mustang from the American Southwest. Previously a rodeo bronco, the stallion was won in a bet and passed into Marlowe de le Poer's ownership. They both disappeared in the autumn of 2015.
In the late spring of 2018, he returned to his old haunt, and took over the herd of wild horses which remained.
- Size: 16 hands tall
- Features: Slightly above average for a mustang, with long legs. His body looks somewhat like a barrel. Scars from previous abuse.
- Primarily Jacko Bean, this color lightens to Russet around his belly and mouth.
- He has larger accents of Cloud running up his legs--this color his echoed on his withers and as a star in the center of his face.
- His mane and tail are largely Eternity, though they are layered with sections of Barley Corn throughout.
- Machiavelli's hooves are all Judge Grey
Generally unfriendly. A horse that's extremely wary of Luperci, the mustang will run if approached and cause a commotion and fight if he cannot. Previously used as a bronco, he becomes aggressive when in uncomfortable situations.
- Born to a horse herd in Northern Utah. Remained with this herd until he was chased away as a yearling.
- Joined a bachelor stallion herd. After two years, both the bachelor herd and the larger one they were following are rounded up by Scintilla coyotes.
- Scintilla's breaking methods are brutal and efficient. The young stallion learns to take a saddle, but poorly. His aggressive nature makes him a prime candidate for a rodeo horse.
- Marlowe becomes fond of the horse, and begins fishing for ways to own him. The coyotes who run the rodeo refuse his first offer. Marlowe tries again and is given a challenge--if he can stay on the horse, he can keep him. Despite a rather painful ride, Marlowe succeeds.
- Marlowe begins working intensively with the horse to correct his poor riding mannerisms.
- When Marlowe and his sisters flee Scintilla, Mach comes with them.
- Mach was Marlowe's primary mount until Marlowe was exiled from Inferni.