Conrad Nielssen was a soldier and scout of Inferni -- a longtime and respected member who has participated in many conflicts. Now a loner following Inferni's disbandment, Conrad roams with his two ravens, occasionally visiting with his old comrades.
While Conrad is small, as with most of his species, he is very well-muscled and in excellent physical shape. Long months on the trail only served to strengthen him further. He is relatively short in Optime form, but no less impressive; his well-built figure is even more obvious in this form, with a broad chest and thickly-muscled arms. While there is no doubt that Conrad is a pure coyote, his pelt -- while quite colorful -- is unusually dark. His eyes are burnt orange.
- Cedar (#432416) -- primary body color
- Hemlock (#676144) -- lower body
- Bull Shot (#80511D) -- throat, legs
- Dawn (#A2A09C) -- muzzle
- Espresso (#5E2D17) -- ears, muzzle
- Burnt Orange (#CC5500) -- eyes
- Quiet, yet blunt. He prefers non-verbal communication: a nod, a look, a gesture, etc. He tends to speak only when he has something of substance to contribute. When he does speak, though, he does not mince words.
- Very eager to prove himself. Conrad is a follower, and will generally reflect the attitude of whomever he considers "in charge" within any present situation.
- Conrad dislikes wolves, as one might guess; they slaughtered his family and in doing so destroyed his home. He is mistrustful of wolfish hybrids, though it's difficult to tell thanks to his quietness.
- Conrad likes flirting with pretty much anyone who's a coyote; he has an equal preference for ladies and men. He also likes to hear things he's maybe not supposed to hear; if there's a rumor in Inferni, Conrad either started it himself or was instrumental in its spread.
- Speech: English. Speaks some Spanish.
- Stealth (Master): Natural talent and an inclination for quiet gave Conrad an edge in learning this skill. Even as a youth, he crept unseen amongst the invading wolves. His propensity to gesture and rely on non-verbal communication grant him decent sneaking abilities despite a lack of formal training.
- Combat (Master): Conrad is well off as a fighter, and has fought many times in defense of Inferni.
- Lupus form brawling, agility
- Falconry (Journeyman): During his time near Scintilla, Conrad became intrigued by the presence of Luperci who used birds as scouts. Though he had little to trade for them, a stranger hooked him up with a pair of young ravens. The pair, Eliseo (high-speech capable) and Eloisa (broken high speecoh only), bonded closely with Conrad, and followed him across the continent, teaching him about their kind all along the way.
- Raven low speech, bird scouting, ravens
- Hellfire Hollow: U8
- A straightforward, smaller-sized den with "bumpy" walls. A shallow dip in the floor provides for a comfortable bedding area; Conrad doesn't bother to put anything down during warmer seasons, but sometimes lines it with grass and things when it's colder. A man with little personal property, his Spartan living quarters reflect this.
Born in California, Conrad watched as his home was invaded by wolves looking for more land. He was displeased with his father’s pacifism and saw the result; the wolves slaughtered him and his mate. Conrad and his brother were separated in the aftermath, and Conrad believes him dead. With nothing left to bind him, he began traveling. As a non-Luperci, he soon began to see strangers in two-legged forms and grew interested about them. He passed near Scintilla along the way, which is how he heard about Inferni, and where he became a Luperci.
- [M] The frail will fall below
Clover and Fang tend to Conrad's wounds when he's injured by a suspicious wolf.
- [M] reckoning
Conrad fights when mysterious wolves assault Inferni.
- bearer of bad news
Conrad accompanies Vesper when Alistair delivers grim news.
- We defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all
A meeting is called to address the Second Boreas Conflict.
- all the birds were in a cage
Conrad joins the search party for the kidnapped Vesper.
- [M] with their feathers stripped away
Conrad tries to help Harosheth take care of Vesper.
- Your arms out wide, the glue all dried
Conrad brings Stark to a dissociating Vesper.
- anchors bound into your chest
Conrad helps Oriole take care of an unconscious Dove.
- I Love You. Let's Light Ourselves on Fire
A preoccupied Conrad foists food for the ravens onto Redtooth.
- Rolled round with goodly loam and cradled deep
Cooped up in the sickbay, Conrad witnesses a dramatic conversation between Vesper and Cartier.
- ding dong ditch
Conrad and Clover screw around outside Casa di Cavalieri borders, then flee when noticed. Conrad doesn't realize Clover isn't keeping up with him.