D'Neville Mansion, stalled.
- Size: 16 hands ( 62 in / 163 cm ) high.
- Build: Cahal is a medium-large horse, thick-limbed and large-framed. His body and general build are indicative of his draft heritage.
- Features: He carries some features of the Thoroughbred -- a well-chiseled head, deep chest, and long legs indicate some relevant heritage.
- He is primarily Kumera (#8D5528).
- Cod Gray (#181415) decorates mane, tail, and the usual "bay points" of his ear edges and legs. However, as he's a wild-type bay, the black on his legs extends only to just above his fetlocks ("ankles").
- His eyes are Aubergine (#21070E).
Cahal is extremely well-tempered for a stallion. He is submissive and, though he enjoys the company of other horses, dominant horses make him nervous. He gets along very well with friendly horses and other animals (sheep, goats, donkeys, etc.). He strongly trusts Luperci, hence his sticking around his owner and those he knows.
Skills & Abilities
- Cahal is capable of pulling a cart and sitting a rider.
- While Cahal is fast for a horse of such size, he does not have great endurance -- he tires quickly.
- He is not a wanderer: if allowed free roam, he typically remains right beside the D'Neville Mansion (outside of the gardens, of course). If away from the D'Neville Mansion, he does not leave Gehenna's general vicinity.
Likes & Dislikes
- He is nervous around new Luperci as well as strange situations, and spooks easily -- especially during loud storms. He's not suited for tasks requiring an extremely even-tempered horse, as he is somewhat nervous. He requires a rider capable of handling his nervousness and reassuring him.
- Cahal was used by a trader traveling around the Chesapeake Bay area for several months.
- Cahal was obtained in Freetown by Myrika in a winter 2012 trading trip. Cahal was traded from the regular stock of Freetown horses -- Myrika traded several skirts, handmade pelt items, and other leather wares.
- Cahal was tired but not ill-used when Myri obtained him, and after several weeks recuperating, became a steadfast mount for her.
- In September of 2013, Cahal was given to Gehenna.