Creator(s): Despi, Ryan, Mandi
Birthplace: American Midwest
Date of Birth: 10 Jun 2015
Del Cenere Gang members may assume and reference the following without discussion/asking:
- ... Having general non-specific conversation - "Hi, how are you" type conversations.
- ... Enlisting his help for various projects or aiding in occupations.
- ... Speaking with him in regards to room and accommodations at the Trailside Inn.
- ... Referencing him tending bar at the Ugly Coyote during the evenings.
- ... His helping to maintain Del Cenere's trails with Chicharrón.
Alonso de los Santos was born to parents Valeria Aguilar and Esteban de los Santos, alongside a duo of brothers, Sergio and Javier. Together, the boys grew up within modest means, in a modest community; though, over time, Alonso grew dissatisfied with his life, always dreaming over grand adventures and a life of exploration. Once old enough, he set out on his own to seek his own thrills.
With grandiose expectations, Alonso came down on his luck on his southeastward drifting; and had to adapt quickly to his new life, skirting haphazardly through troubles and amassing gambling debts, until circumstances caught up with him. Making a hasty retreat, Alonso booked it north, until meeting up with the fledgling Gang, where he has remained ever since, taking up his mantle of a storyteller to entertain guests at the Inn or the Ugly Coyote and tending to the needs of his fellow Ashen.
Alonso is most commonly found in and around Charmingtown, either tending the Ugly Coyote, or setting visitors up with temporary room and board at the Trailside Inn. His gregarious and loyal nature makes him the ideal face of Del Cenere, able to be amicable to most folks and visitors. If, by the off chance he isn't immediately facing the public, Alonso is generally holed away in the Trailside Inn's kitchen prepping large-scale meals to feed guests, or perfecting his alcohol at the Burnt Church Distillery.
On the odd occasion that he is not in town, he is often found traversing Del Cenere's trailheads, working to keep them clear with the help of his beloved burro, Chicharrón.
His build is standard for that of a coyote of middling to larger than average size - his coat is thick and blows sleek come summer, and his slim, sharp features are expressive and earnest. Alonso emotes much as any storyteller does - his movements can be exaggerated and he moves his hands as he speaks when he attempts to emphasize details. His gold, almond eyes are attentive and his features are generally welcoming and warm, and he's rather impeccable with his grooming. Alonso's dense coyote pelt is dark like coal, lined with copper and reds and ticked with dull pewter.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Has to be constantly in motion, and moves his hands often to keep them occupied. He wears his expressions plainly.
- Posture and Body Language: Easy and relaxed. Non-threatening, yet confident, and attentive. Approachable.
- Scent: Del Cenere Gang, earth, woodsmoke, petrichor, rosemary
- Scars: None
- Clothing: Highly humanized and likes button-up shirts, trousers, and waistcoats
- Accessories: Ascots, ties, bandanas. These trend towards darker, navy blues, both rich or dull in color.
50 lbs (22.5 kg) — 26 in ( 66 cm)
145 lbs (66 kg) — 42 in (107 cm)
220 lbs (100 kg) — 6 ft 6 in (78 in) (198 cm)
A knightly Don Quixote-type, full of idealism and a want to do good. He adheres to a personal code of chivalry and good spirits, believing the best of everyone he meets despite first impressions. He strongly believes one person trying their best makes for a better world, and fights to keep others from sinking into despair. This being said, he is terribly insecure, and finds purpose in being a follower than a leader: and latches onto others who will give him purpose. There is no end he won't seek to please and protect the ones he loves, though he might not always see eye to eye with his peers. He privately has very little pride to speak of and struggles with self-esteem.
Alonso has the capability of being manipulative strictly on the basis of cheek - he knows full well that his reliability makes it difficult to turn down his requests, and thus, will use the mild guilt of others to his advantage.
He is a loose practitioner of Catholic faith.
- Demeanor: Optimistic, friendly, amicable, cheeky
- Speech: Confident, purposeful, and emphatic
- Sexuality: Heterosexual, strictly monogamous
- Outlook: Autocratic
- Alignment: Neutral Good
Honor those who promote goodness, likely following strong leaders with a strong code of ethics.
Never betray a friend and enjoy having close friends, though the former is less likely due to pressure from those of higher station.
Feel guilt from a wrongdoing and seek to right a wrong, especially if someone they admire says it's wrong.
Not betray others, though they may make concessions due to peer pressure or a leader's influence.
|Immediate Family (de los Santos)
Unknown relations indicated by *
- Mother: Valeria Aguilar
- Father: Esteban de los Santos
- Siblings: Sergio de los Santos, Javier de los Santos
- Mate: None
- Children: None
Alonso belongs the de los Santos family; as such, many of their members are directly and indirectly related to him.
- Aunts & Uncles: Hugo Aguilar, Diego de los Santos
- Cousins: Luis Aguilar, Alma Aguilar
|| Details ⬎
- Date of Birth: May 2013
- Sex: Jack
- Coat: Black
- Size: 11 hh (44in, 111.76cm), ~620lbs (281kg)
- Branded: No
- Residency: Trailside Inn (Side yard)
- Usage Note: Chicharrón may not be used by individual characters and may only appear in threads where Alonso is present.
- Distinctive Appearance: Stocky black burro of Corsican/Norman descent. Deceptively strong.
- Personality: Easy-going and mellow, much like Alonso; Chicha seems to emulate his owner in many ways. He listens often, enjoys naps, and laying his head in people's laps while enjoying sunshine; however, he does not listen to the commands or requests of anyone outside of Alonso, making him seem stalwart and stubborn. Chicha has mild food aggression and may kick or nip if approached while he's eating, though he broadcasts his sour mood blatantly with pinning his large ears.
- Pull Trained: He has been trained to both drag weight, and pull small sized carts.
- Carry Capacity: Chicharrón, being a capable and established work animal and a burro, is capable of carrying 30% of his body weight (186 lbs - 84.3 kg). He is capable of pulling 20% of his bodyweight in dead weight (123 lbs - 55.8 kg), and 150% his body weight with cart and load (930 lbs - 421.8kg).
- Born and bred in Missouri
- Pull trained as a part of a burro team
- Traded to a woodsman alongside another few animals
- "Liberated" from his previous life of abuse by Alonso de los Santos and rehabilitated
Return to Top of Page ▴
5. Thread History
Liam and Alonso are mentioned to have worked together to set things up for Liam's trading. Liam runs into Willow afterwards.
Return to Top of Page ▴