Torin de le Poer is a wolfdog from Airgid Gleann, and a member of the Macha Tribe. He is presently part of Salsola.
He was born alongside his sisters Sionann and Maeve in a small, but growing pack whose influence was spreading with equal speed. After spending a childhood in the rolling glens and fields of Ireland, Torin and his sisters were approached after their first birthday by a foreign relative – a representative of the de le Poer House in Montpellier who informed them of a coming-of-age ritual. Encouraged by their family, the siblings left home, though they fell into division over where to travel. Torin and Sioann decided to seek out their uncle and other relatives in Nova Scotia, while Maeve traveled to her mother's homeland in the north.
The siblings earned passage on a ship and soon found themselves sailing for Portland. They eventually encountered members of Salsola, and returned with them to their Outpost when they decided to remain.
- Date of Birth: 2 March 2016
Human Age: 30
- Gender: Male
- Luperci: Ortus
- Residence: Fort Preble
- Pack: Salsola
- Rank: The Confidant (November 2018 - Present)
- Pronunciation: tore-in
- Torin: chief
- de le Poer: of the poor
- Species: More dog than wolf, though as large as a wolf.
- Fur: Shaggy, very plush and thick.
- Optime Hair: Up to player; likely long, though perhaps not!.
- Facial Features: Broad muzzle, small but pointed ears.
- Build and Size: Average for a wolf, large paws and broad chest.
- Lupus: 88 lbs (-- kg) ↔ 31 in (-- cm)
- Secui: 152 lbs (-- kg) ↔ 44 in (-- cm)
- Optime: 237 lbs (-- kg) ↔ 6ft 7in (-- in) (-- cm)
Metallic Bronze (#49371B)
Nose, Skin, Paw Pads
Cod Gray (#0B0B0B)
Charming, Modest, Responsible, Predictable, Conformist, Reactive
- Expression: Friendly, sarcastic.
- Sociability: Enjoys socializing and being in groups.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- "Seeks secure employment, believing hard work will pay off in the end."
- "Has few close friends and would never betray those he has."
- "Believes people deserve the treatment they are willing to endure. "
- "Will not harm others for profit."
- Non-Luperci: Secretly, Torin doesn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to shift and thinks it's ignorant not to do so. He does not generally vocalize this, though might be prompted to do so in like-company.
- Likes: Sailing, the sea, the beach, snow, fighting, fish
- Dislikes: Rain, illness, working harder and not smarter
- Up for discussion; Torin has likely been exposed and sampled alcohol, cannabis, and tobacco. He may partake in any of these, show addictive tendencies, or avoid them entirely.
Motivations and Fears
- Exploring, bettering his skills, finding meaning in his personal life, finding true love
- Extreme injury, family safety, letting down others/himself, death
- Bisexual, favors female partners.
- Torin is something of a hopeless romantic; he believes in courtship and would strive to make good impressions with his interest's family.
- Believes in the Coisricthe religion of his homeland Airgid Gleann.
- Knowledge and belief in Norse mythology, as taught by his mother.
- His sisters, Sionann and Maeve. He has always been their protector, and is very defensive of them. When the girls disagreed about where to travel, Torin ultimately sided with and accompanied Sionann overseas because he thought she shouldn't be alone for such a perilous journey.
- Language: Speaks English and Gaelic
- Quick-Learner: With a good teacher's guidance, Torin can pick up on things relatively easy. He does not find everything interesting, however, and will actively avoid anything he thinks is "boring".
- Sailing (Journeyman): Torin ended up learning a lot while crossing the Atlantic, and fancies himself a self-taught wayfinder. He studied further by working Portland's docks.
- Woodworking (Apprentice): Something of a casual hobby for Torin, who can shape basic pieces and whittle relatively well. He knows rudimentary ways to protect wood against the elements.
- Horsemanship (Apprentice): Instructed in his youth as to the care of horses. Torin's size limits his choice of horses to only the largest types, and he is not entirely comfortable being on such large animals, and prefers ground-work instead of riding.
- Lovestruck: "Love at first sight" happens for Torin a lot. He can become a bit overwhelming with his infatuations, though they never seem to last...
- Inexperience: Torin left home at a relatively young age. Though he has traveled, he has not stuck with any one skill long enough to truly begin mastering them.
- Berserk-Button: Sometimes, Torin gets out of control -- foaming at the mouth, wild-dog crazy. This happens only in the most extreme circumstances, though can be exacerbated by alcohol.
- Indecisive: Making decisions is literally the hardest thing in the world for Torin, who has few strong opinions of his own.
Previous Packs and Ranks
| Macha Tribe (2 March 2016 - 25 March 2017)
| Youth, Ceannaí
| Salsola (April 2018 - Present)
| The Associate, Family
Torin was born alongside his sisters to a young family in the Macha Tribe. Their father was a bastard son of a separate branch of their family, but his likeable nature made him popular within the Tribe. When Torin's father left home to travel as part of a coming-of-age journey, he met and fell in love with a fierce woman from the far north, whom he brought home and made a family with.
The triplets spent their youth growing up under the watchful eyes of their relatives. They grew up loved and cared for, largely afflicted by the goings-on in and around the Tribe, content to be the “black sheep” of the family. It was surprising, then, when shortly after their first birthday a foreign relative journeyed to their home and explained an old family tradition – for them to spend at least a year traveling away from home in order to join the family in their ancestral home. Terribly curious about this offer, and encouraged by their parents, the trio decided to leave following the Spring Equinox.
They did not remain together very long, coming to a disagreement about where to go. Sionann wanted to find their uncle, while Maeve wanted to travel to their mother's homeland – when the girls refused to change their minds, Torin was forced to pick a side. He chose Sionann (thinking that the long journey overseas would be more dangerous and thus require his aid) and the group split apart.
After a long and sometimes miserable journey, Torin and Sionann arrived in Portland. They began seeking their relatives, and found them with Salsola.