Rosemary "Mosie" Winsor
Rosemary "Mosie" Winsor
Please feel free to contact me to discuss any plots or threads you are interested in.
Salsolans may assume and reference the following without discussion/asking:
On this page... (hide)
Mosie Winsor is the daughter of Tiamat Amaranthe and Griffin Winsor and sister to Owen Winsor and Landon Winsor. They were born on the outskirts of Portland in a simple but comfortable home. Between exciting visits from uncles and aunties and exploring their quaint and rural world, Mosie and her siblings enjoyed a warm and loving upbringing for the first months of their life.
It was late in the winter of 2020 when her mother vanished in the night. She and her siblings were raised solely by Griffin thereafter, with regular assistance from Rahab de le Poer, though she eventually left herself to find answers. This marked a turning point in the children's life. She began to share domestic responsibilities with her brothers, and when their father eventually relapsed into his alcoholism, the function of their household fell to Landon's shoulders. Without much guidance, Landon led his siblings to become involved with the underhanded ventures of a man named Cipher. They learned a few hard lessons along the way, and their struggle to rise above their circumstances only drew them further into the fray, leaving them but one way out: through.
Their entanglement with Cipher came to a head when beloved neighbor and friend, Simo, was killed in a fire. The Winsor children and a couple other companions fled town shortly thereafter, and their whereabouts are currently unknown. They tragically missed the return of their mother, who was brought home by Lotan, Pazuzu, and Rahab in the late summer/early fall of 2021.
Mosie spent most of her young life covered in bruises. Brash and reckless, she never shied away from a challenge, and her loud mouth often led her to trouble and new friends alike. Unlike her brother Landon, she had been content with the lowborn lifestyle she had been born into and never wanted it to change.
While Mosie is still finding her way through the world, the tragic events of her adolescence have compelled her to take a more serious tack. She burns with something to prove; to the strange world she's found herself in, to her family that she's left behind, and most of all to herself. She still finds ways to have fun (maybe looks for it more than most), presenting to others a friendly albeit mischievous demeanor. She continues to speak her mind, in spite of the consequences.
It's clear to anyone that she's a strong and hardy sort of person, and Mosie loves to dish as much as she does take it. Not a sensitive soul and tactless in the kind of way that can't be trained out, she struggles to comfort others, though not for a lack of compassion. Well-intentioned but clumsy, insecure folk would do best to steer clear of Mosie, whose sharp tongue can seem malicious more than the careless that it is. She does best with grizzled, hardy types, the likes of which can be found in tough professions; she is herself like a wild creature, drawn to the natural ways and resilient in mind as well as spirit.
- Demeanor: Brave, hearty, tactless, clumsy
- Speech: Sweet and higher pitched than one might expect, the effect is typically ruined because Mosie swears like a sailor. She speaks Common (English) and a little of Spanish.
- Scent: Beach grass, sea, dirt, forest
- Tropes: Plucky Girl, Unskilled but Strong, Undying Loyalty
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- Likes: eating, swimming, running, wrestling, punching, exploring, fishing, hunting
- Dislikes: inactivity, sleeping, napping, boredom, boring people, old people, listening to people
Her natural biases tend to be related to her attention difficulties; for instance, she can't stand people who talk too slowly or have long pauses in their speech. She will avoid getting into conversations with older people or story-tellers because of this.
Mosie would like to prove herself to her new pack and family, but really what she's looking for is a sense of community and belonging.
Mosie's bravery often outshines her fear, but she is afraid of all the usual things: death, pain, starvation, etc. as these have all at some point been a near reality for her. On an emotional level, Mosie struggles with her loneliness.
Complicated! She happily encourages amorous pursuits and is very flirtatious and confident in her own skin, but she struggles to deepen bonds. The moment something stops working for her or starts getting serious, she doesn't hesitate to end it.
Not a fan of smoking, and has mixed feelings about drinking (now that she's tried it, it's fun actually - but she's worried about becoming like her father). She wouldn't say no to trying edible substances because she loves to eat and doesn't know any better.
She does have addictive tendencies, and will likely find something to self-soothe.
Mosie doesn't understand religion or spiritualism. She is confused by ideas of a higher power that she can't see or touch. Most religious people would have a hard time trying to convert her just because she can't grasp the concept (not to mention they would have to contend with her limited attention span).
- Hunting (medium experience)
- Combat (medium experience)
- Language and Literacy
- Animal Husbandry:
Mosie bears a strong resemblance to her mother, both in terms of her tri-coloration and athletic body type. She inherited the slender snout common to herding breeds of dog and the long spaniel ears of her Amaranthe bloodline, which she leaves loose rather than bound back. Her hair is voluminous and ocean-black, and when it isn't kept in a loose ponytail, it tumbles down to her mid-back. Bearing no real concept of feminine or masculine, Mosie enjoys decorating herself with shiny things like pearls, metal clips or earrings that can be worn without getting in the way of action.
She is humanized in most ways - she wears clothing and adorns herself wherever practical - but Mosie does not have a real preference for her two-legged form over her four-legged ones. Her high prey drive often lead her to shift into her lupus form. She has a dense build, carrying the bulk of her strength in her chest, biceps, and thighs, and a powerful sprint that gives her an edge on hunts.
Mosie has a casual, if not slightly restless energy, like lightning is buzzing just beneath the surface of her skin. Even while at ease she doesn't like to sit still, and there is always a part of her that's tapping or moving.
- Lupus: 24 in (61 cm) ↔ 85 lbs (39 kg)
- Secui: 35 in (89 cm) ↔ 115 lbs (52 kg)
- Optime: 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) ↔ 150 lbs (68 kg)
- High collared crop top, green and black
- Fabric chest wrap
- Cloth hand wraps
- Baggy trousers that extend for movement, cinched at the ankles
- Ankle wraps
- Metal earring
- Metal hair clip
- Pearl hair band from her mother
Please note that Mosie's color palette may be artistically exaggerated in her depictions.
Fur and Optime Hair
Black Rock (#2C2C3E)
Van Cleef (#533933)
Barley Corn (#B78155)
Rodeo Dust (#C4A67D)
Bon Jour (#DED4CF)
Steel Blue (#4B7AB7)
For the full gallery, click here. Hover for image credit!
- Grandparents: Semini Amaranthe, Nikita Volkov, Declan Winsor, Luciana Ravarie
- Aunts & Uncles: Lotan Amaranthe, Calrian Amaranthe, Malik Amaranthe, Serafina Amaranthe, Siolene Amaranthe, Morholt Amaranthe
- Cousins: None
- Niece & Nephews: None
Mosie was born to Tiamat and Griffin in Portland along with siblings Landon and Owen.
- NPC: one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan (09 Jan)
- NPC: Graduate from the school of hard knocks (20 Jan)
- NPC: [M] dark center of the universe (31 Jan)
- NPC: heaven restores you in life (18 Feb)
- NPC: rays of darkmatter like something catching fire (18 Feb)
- nobody ever had a dream around here (07 Apr)
- truer than the one you knew (09 Apr)
- the devil makes three (19 Apr)
- [M] Bring your salt, bring your cigarette (20 Apr)
- house fire and salt water (22 Apr)
- It looks up with a fair glass face (29 Apr)
- beasts are knocking now and now (21 May)
- Vouloir, c’est pouvoir (21 May)
- [M] So let's take some and take them all for granted (02 Sept)
- Ice in my veins. (07 Sept)
- [M] Unleash the Beasts (07 Sept)
- leave the light on for me (21 Oct)
- Monolith (02 Nov)
- no longer fit for public consumption (13 Nov)
- Her mother disappears in late December without a word!
- NPC: die young in the dark, that's poetry (23 Apr)
- NPC: wasn't born for anything (03 May)
- NPC: move your feet from hot pavement and into the grass (05 May)
- [M] NPC: every shadow is cast in stone (31 May)