Linden Aatte is a wolf. He is presently a member of Mistfell Vale.
Born to Haven Aatte and Princess Chance, Linden was raised along with his sisters Robin Aatte and Felicity Chance in Cour Des Miracles, where he lived for the first seven years of his life, witnessing the rise and fall of several of its rulers. He participated in defense of his home during the war between Inferni and Cour des Miracles, which prompted him to begin actively expanding the Court's Intel knowledge and membership, and eventually saw him rise to the Royal Council, where he held the position of Majordomo (Spymaster).
His involvement with Mistral de l'Or proved to be his undoing in the Court. When she returned and seized the throne during L'hiver de l'Or Terni, Linden offered no opposition and indeed aided her as best he could. When Mimi's plans were thwarted, Linden was imprisoned alongside her. The birth of their children (Florian Aatte and Bennett de l'Or) occurred during this time, and soon after, Mistral's execution. Put to trial, Linden was named a conspirator and exiled from his home. He took his newborn sons and fled north.
After being attacked by a robber and losing nearly all of his supplies, a desperate Linden inadvertently found himself at the borders of Mistfell Vale.
- Date of Birth: 28 January 2011
Human Age: 51
- Gender: Male
- Luperci: Ortus
- Pack: Mistfell Vale
- Rank: Wolverthorne (Bronspath)
- Pronunciation: LIN-dən ɔt-a
- Linden: lime tree
- Aatte: eight
- Linden just got kicked out of CdM. Want to find out why?
- Experienced in horsemanship, sword combat, and archery, Linden is sometimes willing to train others in these skills.
- Species: Wolf, though somewhat "sharp" in looks.
- Fur: Thick, brightly colored, very clean.
- Optime Hair: Very long, with a large white streak. Often worn in a high ponytail.
- Facial Features: He has a rounded face but pointed muzzle and ears. His muzzle has gone white with age.
- Build and Size: Small in stature as he is, intensive training has conditioned his body. His muscles are apparent in his arms, and especially around his shoulders and chest.
- Lupus: 60 lbs (27kg) ↔ 24 in (61 cm)
- Secui: 120 lbs (54 kg) ↔ 30 in (76 cm)
- Optime: 155 lbs (48 kg) ↔ 5ft 8in (68 in) (173 cm)
- A singular long scar runs horizontally across face.
- Linden's right shoulder boasts a large collection of faded scars.
- There is an obvious bite mark directly beneath this.
- A jagged scar marks his right shin.
- Humanization: High; Linden wears clothes, armor, and uses weapons. He prefers to be on horseback and rarely leaves his Optime form.
- Scent: Puppies, horses, leather, woodland.
- Speech: Clear, strong voice. Linden lacks any sort of accent, though he tends to speak quickly when he talks.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Linden is left-handed.
- General Posture and Body Language: Distant, disciplined, confident.
- Armor: He has a single pauldron, as well as a leather chest piece.
- Weapons: Linden uses a recurve bow and regularly carries a Luperci-forged short sword.
- Jewelry and Accessories: Linden wears fingerless leather gloves.
Hawaiian Tan (#9D5616)
Bright Sun (#FED33C)
Nose, Skin, Paw Pads
Sandy Brown (#F0A36C)
- Hardworking, Impersonal, Fatalistic:
- Throwing himself into whatever task is put forward, Linden is of the “all or nothing” school of thought. He is extremely diligent when it comes to follow-through, and often unsatisfied with what he perceives as anything less than perfection (both in himself and others).
- By and large, Linden seems very distant from others. He is very friendly and often formal in his speech when he talks, but often very obviously loses his focus when it comes to conversation. At some times he can seem practically uppity, and at his worst, extremely judgmental.
- Everything happens for a reason—and very often, these things are bad. Choosing to believe in the notion of fate as he does, Linden believes its easier to expect the worst. To Linden, there is one path—and regardless of what happens, where he is and what is happening now is what he is supposed to be doing.
- Loyal, Solitary, Oppressed:
- Linden felt an obligation to Cour Des Miracles due to his family name and presence, but had an unrealistic ideal for the Court. Linden seemed nearly fanatical in his devotion to this idea, and was known to use both subversion and violence in the backing of this.
- Despite his ability to socialize and to present himself well, Linden much prefers being alone. He avoids interactions when he can, though keeps selective company. Most commonly, this is his horse.
- Rigid in his beliefs and self-discipline, Linden tends to “bottle up” his emotions. He expects his own behavior and image to reflect in a certain matter at all times. This sort of thing has bled over into all aspects of his life. Linden can often come across as frosty in his interactions, and on rare occasions, downright hostile.
- Tropes: The Brigadier, Point Man, Pint-Sized Powerhouse, Ambadassador
- Expression: Stoic, disciplined
- Sociability: Very social, though with periods of solitude between.
- Alignment: Neutral Good
- "Will support their family even if it means personal discomfort. "
- "Considers the needs of the community in personal life."
- "Will give his life in defense of his community. "
- "Believes everyone should be treated fairly and kindly. "
- His sons (keeping them safe)
- Likes: Sword fighting, horseback riding, exploring.
- Dislikes: Self-righteous behaviour, lack of discipline, AniWaya, bears
- Linden endured the AniWaya Conflict as a child, and remembers it (and its source) poorly.
- Drugs are bad m'kay.
- Heterosexual; extreme beliefs of monogamy and commitment.
- Linden is not highly spiritual (he does not actively worship or practice), but knows about Buddhism and has a very loose grasp on Folk Shinto. He believes in purification, and that one should try and keep their spirit and conscious clean.
- Linden believes that spirits are real, and that there is an afterlife.
- He is convinced that there are good and evil spirits.
- Combat (Master): Linden is a talented swordsman, and capable of dual-wielding as well as using a shield. He is a skilled archer and has trained to be a horse archer.
- Subterfuge (Accomplished)
- Tracking (Accomplished)
- Horse Care (Accomplished)
- Injury: Several combat-related injuries have permanently damaged Linden's right shoulder. He visibly favors his left side.
- Anxiety: Linden has been known to suffer from panic attacks.
- Fixated: Once his position on a matter or task is decided, Linden becomes unmoving on it.
Linden is related, in some degree, to every member of the Aatte
families. He knows only of relatives he has met before, especially those who lived in Cour des Miracles
Italics indicates an unknown relationship, smaller text indicates an off-board relationship
- Cousins: Valencia Catori, Aithne Marino, Varis Marino, Ramona Marino, Ruin D'Angelo, Acacia, Argan, Silverbell, Walnut, Willow
- Aunts & Uncles: Harlowe D'Angelo, Lucia Marino, Caprica D'Angelo, Rio Marino, Oak, Cypress, Alder
- Grandparents: Naniko D'Angelo (biological) + Anu Sheah, Conri Church, Tokyo Chance + Raphael Gregorie
Previous Packs and Ranks
| Mistfell Vale (27 February 2018 - Present)
| Cour des Miracles (28 January 2011 - ?? Februrary 2018)
| Prince, Seigneur, Chevalier, Lord, Baron, Majordomo