Please feel free to contact me to discuss any plots or threads you are interested in.
Patrons of La Estrella Roja may assume and reference the following without discussion/asking:
On this page... (hide)
He is the son of Tiamat Amaranthe and Griffin Winsor and brother to Rosemary Winsor and Owen Winsor. They were born on the outskirts of Portland in a simple but comfortable home. Between exciting visits from uncles and aunties and exploring their quaint and rural world, Landon and his siblings enjoyed a warm and loving upbringing for the first months of their life.
It was late in the winter of 2020 when his mother vanished in the night. They were raised solely by Griffin thereafter, with regular assistance from Rahab de le Poer, though she eventually left herself to find answers. This marked a turning point in Landon's life. He and his siblings began to share domestic responsibilities, and when their father eventually relapsed into his alcoholism, the function of their household fell to Landon's shoulders. Without much guidance, Landon and his siblings became involved with the underhanded ventures of a man named Cipher and learned a few hard lessons along the way. Their struggle to rise above their circumstances only drew them further into the fray, leaving them but one way out: through.
Their entanglement with Cipher came to a head when beloved neighbor and friend, Simo, was killed in a fire. The Winsor children and a couple other companions fled town shortly thereafter. They tragically missed the return of their missing mother, who was brought home by Lotan, Pazuzu, and Rahab in the late summer/early fall of 2021.
Compared to his brash and extroverted siblings, Landon is patient, quiet, and shrewd. He has a tendency to watch and assess before engaging in conflicts, and a knack for folding said observations into deftly crafted lies (perhaps an improvisor at heart). He has a deep and unshakeable sense of independence, making him a difficult target for manipulation and on occasion, basic compromise. He knows what he likes and what he doesn't, and is hard-pressed to give way until he determines for himself a good reason for it.
Presenting to the world a stoic and unimpressed demeanor, Landon can be an intimidating person at first. His edge is softened by the fact he is merely confident, but not always right. Consequentially, he must often devise ways of getting himself and his siblings out of self-created trouble. He seems to regard his failures without shame, and lives as if each experience is just another link in the never-ending equation of getting by.
His disregard for decorum comes not out of malice but out of an apparent pragmatism; the comfort of others is not his personal priority. He won't sugar coat the truth, or most things really. If faced with interrogation or simply asked a question he doesn't care to answer, he will walk away.
Landon will do what is necessary in order to take care of himself and his own, even if that means drawing difficult boundaries. He is ruthless in both the right and wrong ways, and doesn't care to differentiate the two.
- Demeanor: Calm, Patient, Brooding, Calculating
- Speech: He has a deep voice and tends to be softly spoken. He speaks Common (English) and a little of Spanish.
- Scent: Sea, wool, metal
- Tropes: Brilliant but Lazy, Emotionally Tongue-Tied, Good is not Nice, Byronic Hero, From Nobody to Nightmare, Hidden Heart of Gold
- Alignment: True Neutral
- Likes: warm days, smoking, fishing, naps under trees, trading, new stuff
- Dislikes: being cold, snow, haircuts, long stories, preaching types, anyone who messes with his less-than-smart siblings
Landon doesn't appear to feel strongly about most subjects, as he tends to roll with new information as it comes to light. The few opinions he does have, he keeps close to the vest. His siblings don't know he hates eating fish, for instance, and likely never will.
His primary motivation for now is simply surviving and ensuring that his family does too.
Like many who have been hurt, Landon is afraid of trusting others and being vulnerable with them. His natural skepticism is reinforced by the world he lives in; he doesn't rely on others to do or say the right thing, and he doesn't believe other people have him or his siblings' best interest at heart. For this reason, he won't trust anyone who comes on too friendly.
Landon is young, inexperienced, and has too many things on his plate to worry about romance.
It's likely that he won't be above flirting to get something, such as information or a better deal, but genuine attraction will only occur after forming a close bond with someone.
Landon has been smoking since he could hold a cigarette. He claims to be quitting when asked about it, although his siblings know this as a silly Landon lie.
He refuses to drink, but would be open to other substances if offered.
Landon hasn't been introduced to any religions aside from the casual superstitions of sailors and people in Portland. He wouldn't be indoctrinated due to his distrustful nature, but he also likely wouldn't have any prejudices or strong opinions about their beliefs. He is a "cool, happy for you" type about this sort of thing. Their religion is not his problem, really.
- Persuasion (medium experience)
- Thievery (medium experience)
- Language and Literacy
- Hunting and Gathering
Landon has the calm appeal of someone who feels unimpressed by all that life has to offer. When not hidden by an unkempt haircut, the green-gold hazel of his sleepy eyes possess a discerning edge that betrays his otherwise apathetic demeanor. His posture is something to work on, often slouched or at ease even in moments of tension; despite this, he has impeccable coordination and carries himself with grace.
Landon has a naturally lean musculature, owing strongly to his father's roots. While his frame has the potential to fill out with age (just as his father did), for the duration of his youth it will likely tend to stay on the lankier side due to travel. The pattern of his fur is a fluid blend of the dark merle hues of his mother and the rich browns of his father, favoring neither side more than the other.
When in his upright form, Landon wears a wool sweater dyed with dogwood and blueberries to a deep, faded navy. Over this is thrown a dark sheepskin coat. His outfit is complete with a pair of trousers and a belt, upon which is affixed several belt bags, an unusual charm, and a hunting knife.
- Lupus: 30 in (76 cm) ↔ 80 lbs (36 kg)
- Secui: 40 in (101 cm) ↔ 145 lbs (65 kg)
- Optime: 5 ft 11 in (180 cm) ↔ 170 lbs (77 kg)
- Wool sweater — faded navy color (dyed with dogwood and blueberry)
- Sheepskin coat that ends around mid-thigh — black
- Trousers — grey, they cinch at the ankles
- Black leather belt and several belt bags
- A charm that he keeps tied around his belt
- A hunting knife
- A heavy black metal chain with a hook
Please note that Landon's color palette may be artistically exaggerated in his depictions.
Fur and Optime Hair
Brandy Rose (#B58469)
Pale Taupe (#B79077)
For the full gallery, click here. Hover for image credit!
- Grandparents: Semini Amaranthe, Nikita Volkov, Declan Winsor, Luciana Ravarie
- Aunts & Uncles: Lotan Amaranthe, Calrian Amaranthe, Malik Amaranthe, Serafina Amaranthe, Siolene Amaranthe, Morholt Amaranthe
- Cousins: None
- Niece & Nephews: None
Landon was born to Tiamat and Griffin in Portland along with siblings Rosemary and Owen.
- Mom leaves in the dead of night and the kids are raised by Griffin thereafter.
- Landon gets his edgelord badge
- RO: a card unread in a midnight bell (09 Jan)
- RO: if you promise spring, then I know you are a liar (12 Jan)
- down to hell on the devil's tree (14 Jan)
- universe divided (27 Jan)
- [M] dark center of the universe (31 Jan)
- linchpin (31 Jan)
- the ocean beyond the sea (21 Feb)
- She can be a little indecisive (23 Feb)
- got it out the mud (11 Apr)
- I should have known why (13 Apr)
- myth of the lost highway (15 Apr)
- the fire in your heart is out (17 Apr)
- I should have known why (12 May)
- The youths trek from D'Laninger Peninsula? to The Waste in search of La Estrella Roja.
- Son I'm the gun that won that old Wild West (07 Jul)
- What is sealed with a handshake (03 Sept)
- out where the wind don't blow (06 Sept)
- of all the gin joints (06 Sept)
- Sacred lantern, guiding dawn (31 Oct)
- His mother disappears in late December without a word!
- die young in the dark, that's poetry (Apr 23)
- never get something for nothing (Apr 29)
- wasn't born for anything (May 03)
- [M] every shadow is cast in stone (May 31)
- drag him into black night (May 31)
- [M] head been wet with the midnight dew (May 31)