This character is a former pNPC of Krokar!
An arctic wolf born in Canada in 2010, Gavin could be considered a jack of all trades, having grown up in a pack that was heavily dominated by the male gender, he was able to learn a lot of different skills in his youth. This grumpy guy is a master Carpenter in Krokar. Gavin is quick tempered, impatient, intelligent, and hard working. He is skilled in woodworking, especially raft-making. He would like to be part of the defense rank, but his leg injury prevents this, although he is knowledgeable in fighting with shooting a bow and arrow. Gavin is not a particularly good teacher since he lacks the patience to do so, but he will try, especially if someone wants to learn some weapon skills since he can give pointers.
Gavin left Krokar before its disbandment at the end of October 2018, joining Lucille and others down to Old Ironsides.
- Date of Birth: 2010
- Gender: Male
- Luperci: Ortus
- Mate: —
- Pack: Krokar (10 July 2014)
- Residence: Fiskebyn cottage #11
- Rank: Outrigger
- Species: Entirely wolf.
- Fur: Shaggy and white, his fur adds to his bulk.
- Optime Hair: Messy and occasionally with wood shavings snagged in his locks.
- Facial Features: Frequently seen with a scowl on his face.
- Build and Size: Tall and fit.
- Lupus: 87 lbs (39.5 kg) — 31 in (78.7 cm)
- Secui: 157 lbs (71.2 kg) — 43 in (109.2 cm)
- Optime: 251 lbs (113.8 kg) — 6 ft 6 in (78 in) (198 cm)
- Forms: Gavin can usually be found in his Optime form.
- Humanization: Moderate-low. Gavin may not wear a lot of clothing but he enjoys using tools to woodwork and fight.
Bon Jour (#E3E0E1)
- Fur: Completely Bon Jour
- Eyes: Copper
- Nose and Paw Pads: Tuatara
1.3 Scars and Impairments
- There are scars over his left hip from a run-in with a cougar.
- Walks with a bit of a limp on his left leg as a result of muscle damage.
Gavin is quick tempered, impatient, intelligent, and hard working. He is skilled in woodworking, especially raft-making. He would like to be part of the defense rank, but his leg injury prevents this, although he is knowledgeable in fighting with shooting a bow and arrow. Gavin is not a particularly good teacher since he lacks the patience to do so, but he will try, especially if someone wants to learn some weapon skills since he can give pointers.
It's common to find him walking around with a scowl on his face, especially when his old wounds are acting up or if he finds someone practicing with weapons since he resents his inability to participate anymore.
- Scent: Krokar, wood pulp, probably Taseko and Finlay.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Not uncommon to be seen scowling.
Italics indicates an unknown relationship; they may be offboard or the relation is merely uncertain.
- Taseko: His caribou herding best friend. They traveled for a while before joining up with the group and are now housemates.
- Milos Parhelion: Milos is the Quartermaster of his pack. He helped Milos and Sorcha install a cat door to their cottage in the spring of 2015 and a warp-weighted loom in summer of 2015. In return, Milos made Gavin a seaglass-green rectangular flag with the silhouette of a hammer and nails on both sides.
- Iroquois: He spends a fair amount of time around Iroquois since they both know how to use a bow and arrow. She also helps him out when his leg injury gets to him.
- Finlay Cormier: Gavin's housemate, along with Taseko and Zoe.
- Semini: Semini is the Production Navigator of his pack. When she first joined, she apprenticed under Gavin and learned from his woodworking craft. She now knows enough and has practiced enough to work autonomously. They share a woodworking shed and frequently work together on projects. In 2016, they discovered a way to make a varnish out of pine sap, which they use to seal the wood in their boats.
Malcolm: Gavin's former packmate who was killed by the cougar.
- Woodworking (Master): he is good at woodworking, and specifically raftmaking.
- Archery (Master): a bow and arrow are one of the few weapons he can still actively use, so he practices as much as he can.
- Swordsmanship (Journeyman): his skills are rusty, but Gavin can still give pointers.
- Teaching: Due to his lack of patience, Gavin isn't a very good teacher.
- Hand-to-Hand combat: As much as he wants to be a good fighter, Gavin's old injury prevents this.
The pack Gavin grew up in had a very uneven gender ratio. It didn't bother him as a pup because it meant there were lots of males to learn various skills from, such as woodworking and fighting, however as he got older, he saw the disadvantages to this, and ended up setting off with another male, Malcolm, to try to find somewhere else with more available females. During their travels, the pair were attacked by a cougar, and his friend was killed. Gavin was gravely injured, but lived and managed to kill the cougar as well. He was left alone to mourn and and eventually continue his journey.
Gavin eventually came across a male wolfdog named Taseko while wandering. This male had caribou with him, but he was herding instead of eating them. There was only a small group of three, and the two canines got along well, so Gavin stayed with him. Early spring had been harsh, with deep melting snow too soft to walk on and difficult to hunt in. The pair needed to trade for some supplies, and found what they needed from a pair of coydogs, Pepper and Claude, who offered to let them stick around and pitch in until the hunting got better. They met the rest of the group, which soon continued to grow, and then, sadly, shrink when two dogs were lost to a hurricane. However, all shared their skills with each other, teaching and learning.
In 2014, their home flooded and they decided it was time to move since so much was washed away. August Cormier and Lucille left to find a new home. Gavin helped salvage their homes and set off with most of the group, although several stayed behind, including Taseko, to continue sifting through the wreckage. When they arrived at their new home, they met more canines and he got to work helping everyone settle in.
- pNPC Splitting hairs (14 Jul)
Fiskebyn, with August Cormier and Mariana Rojas. Gus introduces Gavin to Mariana before getting down to building.
- pNPC Raise the roof (21 Jul)
Fiskebyn, with Lucille and Gunslinger Russo. Lucille and Gavin finish up building a house when they are greeted by Gunslinger.
- pNPC Into the Woods, on to the Roof, and Through the House I Go! (17 Nov)
Fiskebyn, with Semini and Vidar. Semini begins her apprenticeship with Gavin, and uses his tools to help Vidar fix his house.
- pNPC beneath the winter snow (11 Dec)
Fiskebyn, with Semini. Gavin gets frustrated with Sem and gives her some simple duties to do. She is not pleased with it, lol.
- pNPC Winter Celebrations (1 Jan)
Fiskebyn, with Semini. Semini and Gavin head to the Winter festivities together. Gavin splits off to talk with Iroquois.
- pNPC Now we've got something to prove (29 Mar)
Fiskebyn, with Milos Parhelion. While Gavin and Sorcha create an opening in their cabin door for the cat, Meerclar, Milos makes a flap out of leather to situate in the opening.
- pNPC When the devil's loose (15 May)
Fiskebyn, with Semini. Gavin attempts to greet a frantic Semini, who is too traumatized from an ordeal that occurred outside Krokar to acknowledge him.
- pNPC I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end (~1 Jun)
Fiskebyn, with Milos Parhelion. Gavin accepts Milos' request to make him a warp-weighted loom in exchange for animal glue and a flag. After the loom's completion, Milos makes him a rectangular flag with a silhouette of a hammer and nails on both sides.
- pNPC Both shall row, my love and I (~1 Sep)
Fiskebyn, with Semini. Gavin helps Semini as she leads the mateship ceremony for Aindrea and Ciara.
- pNPC Keep the earth beneath my feet (25 Sep)
Fiskebyn, with Taseko. Gavin and Taseko chat before Taseko leaves to fish.
- pNPC Driving a car by the seaside (30 Sep)
Fiskebyn, with Taseko and Chien Dupont. Gavin and Taseko come across Chien in Fiskebyn.
- pNPC I stay away (2 Oct)
Saint John, with Taseko and Xylia Napier. Taseko and Gavin meet Xylia Napier in Saint John.
- pNPC Time to step outside you (28 Oct)
Fiskebyn, with Taseko. Taseko announces his desire to start a trading depot outside of the pack and Gavin stands by his side.
- pNPC Dig yer way to China (~15 Dec)
Krokar, with August Cormier and Eliza Cormier. Gavin helps Gus, Iroquois, and Eliza dig a path through the snow.
- pNPC There's a natural way of healing (06 Feb)
Black Lake, with Semini and August Cormier. After helping Semini cut a hole in the ice so she could fish, he leaves her but later instructs Gus where to find her.
- pNPC Rebuild (~14 Apr)
Fiskebyn, with Eliza Cormier and Semini. Gavin helps Eliza clean up following the meteor strike before leaving her and Semini to talk.
- pNPC I'll be there for you tonight (18 Jul)
Fiskebyn, with Semini. Gavin and Semini help prepare for the Celebration of Achievements ceremony before lighting the bonfire together.
- pNPC I will not bow (13 Sep)
Near Fiskebyn, with Finlay Cormier and [[Ailie Morgan. Fin and Gavin spar while Ailie referees from the sidelines.
Back to Top of Archive