Born the youngest son of the Eryn family of the clan Taur Athras was born into wealth and privilege and destined for a noble title all his own. Long-lived and prominent proponents of the old god Nanin the Eryn's connection to the natural world is as deep as the roots of the clan's beloved forest.
As the second son of the High Druids of Taur Athras claimed little responsibility of his own, instead he roamed the shadows of the wood honing the arts of stealth and evasion...spying. He loved the subtler arts and intrigue, the excess of nobility, and grew accustomed to a life without toil.
Once Athras came of age his parents-- through some bargain whether sordid or just-- made a promise that he would wed Leena Nemir, daughter of a secondary branch of their sister clan Lorn. The news left Athras angry and distraught and swiftly caused a divide between he and his parents, his brother the only neutral party. He withdrew from them, seeking the comfort and companionship of heartwards as he began a downward spiral of self-indulgence and destruction, throwing whatever obstacles he could between himself and his imminent betrothal.
And then the usurpers came...
The war for Caledonia lasted between late 2018 and early 2019. The opposing forces proved both numerous and canny and the newly united Caledonians were left scrambling to meet this outside force in disarray and panic. Skirmishes were unbalanced, and attacks often occurred without warning. While assembling a party to face these usurpers, Athras and an Aegas commander were ambushed. This led to Athras abandoning him to die when a messenger sounded alarm as the forest of Taur was set aflame.
Athras arrived in 'Souls in April 2019 after weeks of travel, having fled Caledonia after the kingdom's inevitable fall.
Rejoining with the assembled refugees, Athras Eryn quickly ingratiated himself with the former High King, who stated his desire to rebuild, offering Athras the position of Lord-Regent: his right hand. Athras accepted and together they went on to found the pack New Caledonia.
Athras was awarded Spotlight Soul for December 2019.
Awarded the Superlative "Would be the Unexpected Villain" in 'Souls yearbook 2019.
- Date of Birth: 14 Apr 2017
- Gender: Male
- Luperci: Ortus
- Species: Wolfdog
- Family: Eryn
- Birthplace: Caledonia
- cNPC: Aerin Galenas
- Animal NPCs:
- Hasufel (stallion)
- Alagos, Saeleth, and Celegon (common crows)
- Pack: New Caledonia
- Rank: The Lord-Regent
- Co-Ranks: Priest I, Diplomat I, Rogue I
New Caledonia members may assume and reference the following without discussion/asking:
- General conversations (i.e. unlikely to affect later roleplay) -- Athras Eryn "checks in" with the Realm frequently, though his demeanor varies with his volatile temperament.
- A pious druid, Athras can often be found in the woodlands of New Caledonia praying to Nanin, the stag-god of Taur.
- It's a well-known fact that Athras and Willow are romantically involved.
- Species: Low-content wolfdog
- Fur: His fur is sleek, longer than average with feathering in some places, namely his his mane where his hair drapes gently, framing his long face. His tail is long and deceptively dense.
- Optime Hair: Long, straight, silky texture often worn either free or partially gathered, half ponytails, half-braids.
- Facial Features: Narrow with expressive slanted eyes. Upright, wolfish ears. Long muzzle. Facial proportions are a blend of sighthound and wolf.
- Build and Size: Tall for a dog, but below average for a wolf. Proportions are narrow, willowy, and long-legged in all forms.
- Lupus: Lean and narrow with light feathering. Long legged.
- Optime: A long svelte figure made for speed and agility, dexterity over strength.
- Humanization: High. Wears clothing (robes, accessories, leathers), wields a dagger in combat, and reads and writes.
Ship Gray (#38343c)
Ship Gray (#45414c)
Spicy mix (#825648)
- Eyes: Sinbad
- Optime Hair: Ship gray (#38343c)
0 lbs (0 kg)
0 in (0 cm)
0 lbs (0 kg)
0 in (0 cm)
xxx lbs ( kg)
6 ft 3 in(0 in / 0 cm)
- Speech: "upper-class", formal speech patterns, good enunciation, pleasing to the ears, possessing good range and presence.
- Voice Claim: Lee Pace (as Thranduil)
- Scent: Rich and earthy. Ash, dead leaves, dry foliage, moss, grasses, flowers, mushrooms, horse, metal.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Adjusts clothing and hair, expressive eyes, brow quirks, makes very little sound. Varies. Makes either overt or subtle gestures depending on the situation and company.
- Has coughing fits at the mention or thought of his family's deaths and his subsequent escape from the war.
- General Posture and Body Language: Straight-backed noble bearing unless utilizing stealth. Graceful. Deliberate. Silent. Dominant and courtly.
Images (hover for credit)
Agent Peacock ↔ Wild Card ↔ Druid ↔ In Harmony with Nature ↔ Tall Dark and Snarky ↔ Hidden Depths ↔
- Outlook: Pessimistic, holds grudges.
- Sociability: Dominant, extroverted introvert.
- Expression: Haughty, curious, dark.
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Considers himself above the law.
- Values flexible relationships with romantic partners.
- Will break any contract when he feels like it.
- Finds most people to be narrow-minded and inflexible.
- Power/ Destiny
- Tradition/ Religion
- Self-interest/ Hedonism
- Emotional Intimacy
- Likes: forests, nature, horses, companionship, fine clothing, good food, and fine drink
- Dislikes: fire, lightning, cities, disrespect.
- Packs: None. (At the moment)
- Species: No bias.
- Non-Luperci: He pities their simplicity, but secretly envies their unadulterated ties to the natural world.
- Gender: Believes both can be manipulated equally well, given the right tools, ;D.
- Sexuality: Who cares who has what, they're all fun, but marriage is another matter. Heterosexual is traditionally the best pairing for official partnerships and raising children.
- Age: There's occasionally wisdom to be found in one's elders. Children are a gift of the gods! Just don't expect him to tend them!
- Pansexual and poly-amorous owing to a wild stint as a young man meant to discourage his newly sealed union, but one that continued into true hedonism as his sexual desires bloomed from his experiences.
- Athras is a flexible partner, but prefers to be the dominant one in any pairing owing to his title and station. However, he is generous and draws inspiration from many varied experiences, valuing the pleasure of his partner almost as much as his own.
- True to his nature, he will flirt with anyone he finds appealing and has no qualms initiating sexual encounters. Far from predatory, he will not push his boundaries and he handles rejection with grace.
- A talented, flexible, and generous partner Athras would prefer feelings not be involved. He values casual sex and suffers from the fear of emotional intimacy. And while he revels in pillow talk he shies away from significantly tender gestures and will more often than not fail to return proclamations of love and affection. He is not incapable of love, but the implication makes him visibly uncomfortable owing to the emotional trauma he suffered during the Great War where he lost most of his Clan and all of his immediate family.
- Ascribes to clan Taur's god, Nanin- the oldest of Caledonia's deities. Nanin is the god of the forest and nature, a vengeful being and harbinger of nature's wrath who takes the form of a stag comprised of woodland flora. Athras is a firm follower bearing a reverence for the natural cycle of life, death, and decay.
- He acknowledges the gods of the other clans, but does not revere them.
- Iomair Nartholiel The Caledonian High King is a bit of a curiosity to the Eryn Lord. Appearing as a good and just man, and — as rumor would have it — a fine soldier and smith Athras came to know by chance something Iomair would rather he not know at all. The King's domestic life is not as blissful as it seems, and Athras has kept this information close to his chest. He has yet to play his hand, but...the deck is loaded.
- Willow Cormier
- Aerin Galenas
Education and Learning: The young impetuous Lord Eryn learned early on of his knack for dexterous pursuits. With a bent towards trickery and a strong unquelled urge to pursue his own desires, his parents— knowing their suggestions would be met with resistance— arranged in secret a "chance" meeting between their son and a practitioner of the shadowy arts. Taking to it like a fish to water, seemingly by organic means, Athras channelled his interests and demeanor down the path of shadows.
- Athras is skilled with daggers and hand-to-hand, and stealth/evasion almost exclusively. He is swift and precise, and extremely agile to the point of reliance.
- Being of a slight build Athras is not particularly strong. He has to rely on his wits, ambush, and evasion to win most battles. He is capable of out-maneuvering his opponents enough to win a lucky strike or create an opening to flee. To combat this, Athras may employ the use of dirty tricks. He has no qualms with this, as he'd much rather live to see another day, and isn't about to make any heroic sacrifices.