Amariah Eld was a coy-wolf hybrid from Zion, a member of the Boreas that participated in the Second Boreas Conflict by infiltrating Inferni.
Born to a low-ranked wolf mother, the product of assault by a cruel Scintilla coyote, Amariah was raised to believe that he had "bad blood" and was ostracized because of this. However, when there were talks of a northern mobilization to seek vengeance against the "Northern Barbarians" that defeated a past Boreas contingent, the hybrid was determined to help in some way. Amund Fannar offered Amariah a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his community, instructing him to infiltrate the coyote clan Inferni.
By virtue of being a half-breed, Amariah joined Inferni a few months before the rest of the faction arrived in Nova Scotia, raising little suspicion at first. He successfully passed on information about Inferni's defenses, territory, and leaders to his Boreas comrades, but avoided most of the fighting. However, when Vicira Tears accused him of treachery, Amariah was spooked and attempted to flee Inferni with Tweed, kidnapping Crucifix de le Poer's puppies. They were caught by Infernians, and Basilio Lykoi murdered the innocent Tweed in a blind rage -- an act that justified Amariah's perception of coyotes as evil. Amariah attacked Basilio out of a twisted sense of revenge for his murdered "friend," and was killed.
- Species: Amariah looks like a wolfish coyote, or perhaps a wolf with coyote blood; either way, there's always something sufficiently "off" about him that means he can't quite blend in to either species. He possesses a bushy low tail, large ears, and bold coyote coloration -- but also the larger, stocky build of a wolf.
- Fur: Coarse, medium thickness; the rusty color of his coyote subspecies.
- Facial Features: Broad head, with large ears and big teeth.
- Build and Size: Large for a coyote, Amariah falls into the mid-range size for a wolf. He appears muscular, if unkempt.
- Lupus: 27 in (68.5 cm) — 50 lb (22.5 kg)
- Secui: 43 in (109 cm) — 130 lb (59 kg)
- Optime: 6 ft 7 in (79 in) (201 cm) — 220 lb (100 kg)
- Humanization: Low -- he's comfortable on four legs and shirks accessories.
Orange Roughy (#C16B17)
Tahiti Gold (#E67305)
- Speech: Low, tense, talks through clenched teeth with a conspicuous accent.
- Scent: Bitter, dried grass, mountains.
- Quirks, Gestures, Etc.: Rarely makes eye contact, averse to touch. Laughs silently. Prone to nervous grooming.
- General Posture and Body Language: Amariah's body language borders on fearful-submissive. He's undoubtedly tense and skulks about warily; he's not one to carry himself with confidence or pride.
- A small golden cross is worn on his person at all times.
- He has a slightly tattered left ear as well as scratches on his bottom jaw.
The product of a militaristic community that insisted he had "bad blood," Amariah Eld was quick to become a conservative, cynical, wary, self-loathing man who trusts few and nonetheless strives to find "redemption" and a place in the world. Despite his bitterness and open distrust of others, he defines himself by what authority thinks of him.
- Outlook: Pessimistic
- Sociability: Introverted, distrustful
- Expression: Submissive
- Alignment: Lawful Evil
- Proselytization, service
- Survival, cleansing, redemption
- Damnation, failure
- Ostracization, imprisonment, pain
- Highly religious, yet seemingly private in his religion.
- Packs: Hates Inferni.
- Species: Amariah was raised with extremely strong views on wolves and coyotes.
- Non-Luperci: Neutral, sees feral lifestyles as valid.
- Gender: Expects females to be weaker on the whole; however, respects individual strong females.
- Sexuality: Homosexuality is a sin, but Amariah doesn't preach.
- Amariah sees himself as unappealing, and so he would be quite hesitant to approach anyone with his affections. He would be quite a loyal partner.
- Likes: Mountains, lakes, sleeping beneath the stars, grooming
- Dislikes: His heritage, coyotes
- Combat (Feral, Secui) (Journeyman): Amariah learned to fight by necessity in his community -- both because of the group's militaristic structure and the fact that most of his peers mercilessly attacked him in an attempt to show him his place. His fighting style is desperate and wild, taking advantage of the size and speed of Secui form.
Born to a low-ranked wolf mother in Zion, the product of assault by a cruel Scintilla coyote, Amariah was raised to believe that he had "bad blood" and was ostracized because of this. However, when there were talks of a northern mobilization to seek vengeance against the "Northern Barbarians" that defeated a past Boreas contingent, the hybrid was determined to help in some way. Amund Fannar offered Amariah a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of his community, instructing him to infiltrate the coyote clan Inferni.
- Sun dials etched out in stone (Oct 2016)
In a brief meeting with Fang Espinoza, Amariah is told about Inferni.
- I'd wish to slink away, but she'd follow underfoot (Oct 2016)
Amariah follows Salsola's river border until he is spotted by Elphaba Revlis.
- Time is only gonna make it worse in the end (Oct 2016)
Shikoba Whiplash teases and encourages the tense Amariah, and they hunt together.
- Dynamite the mountain, now i'm walking up the road (Oct 2016)
Artemisia Eternity drives Amariah away from Salsola's borders.
- The moons, the mirrored ball (Oct 2016)
Amariah thinks that Abigail Sadira is very pretty.
- Cities and the seas (Oct 2016)
Amariah gets into a scrap with Prodigal de le Poer.
- Searching west and east and all points in-between (Nov 2016)
Amariah is accepted into Inferni by Crucifix de le Poer without raising suspicion.
- I chase the sunlight mile after mile (Nov 2016)
Amariah goes on an awkward hunt with Kennedy Fisher and Beckett Moineau.
- Blew open my mind, now it's an empty room (Nov 2016)
Amariah is inadvertently rude to Helena Troy Lykoi, a coydog.
- The ocean depths say, "It's not in me" (Nov 2016)
Amariah meets Antioch de le Poer and briefly discusses faith with him, dodging questions.
- Cares nothing for the sheep (Dec 2016)
Amariah comes across Tweed at the borders, and sticks around to help him with his unruly horses when Vicira Tears accepts the boy into the clan. However, in the Great Village schoolhouse, Amariah discovers pamphlets written by Boreas. Vicira is defensive regarding these.
- I know your insides are feeling so hollow (Jan 2017)
Amariah delivers Inferni intelligence to Boreas comrades Ragna Eklund and Brita Fletcher.
- On the hunt (Jan 2017)
Boreas scout Marcel Smith attacks Amariah, mistaking him for an Infernian.
- We defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all (Jan 2017)
Vesper calls a meeting to address the conflict and the identity of Inferni's attackers. Amariah is present for this, and is afraid of what this means for him and his Boreas comrades.
- We've all got battle scars (Jan 2017)
After he and Tweed play with Crucifix's puppies, Amariah has the idea to lead the mother coyote into harm's way. He brings her out to the borders and summons help from Boreas comrades. However, for appearance's sake, the Boreas attack him, too. In the end, Crucifix is rescued by her family.
- [M] Let your mother's bible burn (Jan 2017)
The Second Boreas Conflict continues. Amariah attempts to lie low and, in the process, gets closer to Tweed. However, when Vicira figures out that he's Boreas, Amariah is desperate to flee Inferni -- and so, with Tweed's unwitting assistance, kidnaps Crucifix's puppies with the intention of bringing them to Boreas. However, they are found by other Infernians -- and Basilio Lykoi attacks Tweed, strangling the boy to death. Enraged by this act, the murder of an innocent that justifies the coyotes' evil in his eyes, Amariah attacks Basilio and is killed.