South Washington, D.C.
South Washington, D.C., is a small portion of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, which was a thriving human hub before the virus. Now various Luperci and non-Luperci call the city home.
South Washington, D.C.
Statistics & Foundation
On this page... (hide)
- 1. Essentials
- 2. Culture
- 3. Structure
- 4. Religion
- 5. Significant Families
- 5.1 Family Name
- 6. History
- 7. Notes & References
South Washington, D.C. is a subsection of the main city. It has three bodies of water running through it and has many wooded areas.
It might be cool to link a bit of this, especially if the flora/fauna is significantly different from what one might encounter in eastern Canada.
If your area has a particular culture specific to the area, you include it here. Again, general details will do just fine; there's no need to get really detailed here unless you want to--totally up to you. For 'Souls, one might say that there are many different packs with individual personality, but in general the canines of 'Souls are middling in their level of civilization; for the most part, everyone is just fine in their four-legged forms, but they are also generally not averse to canines who wear clothes or use human tools.
- Many dog and dog hybrids
- Some jackals
Luperci & Shifting
Optime form in used often but it matters on preference
English, mostly. But traders often bring other languages
Animals & Companions
Since D.C. is a popular place to trade, different types of animals can be found. Horses and other beasts of burden are utilized for pulling carts through the streets. Some keep livestock. Birds are used for surveillance, hunting, and as messages. A few keep predatory animals.
Boating and Sailing
Sailing is utilized. Barges often go up the Potomac river.
Style and Fashion
Clothes are often worn by humanized Luperci. Some of it is human clothing, some are Luperci-made.
Some Luperci farm.
Most Luperci live in human residential areas and apartments. Others choose to sleep wherever. Oftentimes, families live in the same apartment.
Practices & Traditions
Gender and Sexuality
Other types of love are the norm in D.C. Bias varies. Polygamy is seen as a bit weird by most.
Families and Family Structures
- The main families: The Masquerade, The Purge?, The Panthera?, The Venom?, The Artiesmith ?, and The Marauder? control some aspects. The Masquerades enforce the law and often collaborate with other families. The Purge are often the ones who do the dirty work. The Panthera are often the healers and scholars. The Venom primarily work with animals. The Artistesmith are normally the crafters and artists. The Marauders often control the trade.
- Other smaller families also make up the population of D.C.
- Students can be apprenticed by any one of the families but many are taught by their own family.
Smoking, drugs, and alcohol are seen and not actively enforced.
Luck and Superstition
Fishing and Hunting
- Many utilize birds for hunting.
- Some hunt with animals
- Fish in lakes
- Trading is very common and many come to D.C. on their way from Europe
- Often known
- Uh they travel
- Outsiders and visitors must speak to the council before entering
- The ships are checked by the enforcers
- Each family has a head
- There is a council of family heads
- The laws are enforced and there are many punishable offenses.
- Fellow canines are treated equally, Luperci or not
- Animals are to be properly cared for
- We all have a right to practice beliefs freely as long as they are not harmful to others
- Killing another without a good reason is punishable by death
- Rapists will be persecuted
- Intentionally causing harm to another can result in imprisonment and retribution
- Mistreatment and slavery of fellow canines will result in freeing of the slave and charges
- Mistreatment of animals will result in confiscation
- Intentional property damage will result in punishment
- Infecting a non-Luperci without consent is punishable
- Neglect to children will result in children being taken away
- Damaging artifacts such as books are punishable
Different religions are practiced.
Here's a description of a significant family from the area!